cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate E-Mail Addresses - Seperate PCs - help?

N/A

My wife now has her own PC downstairs and I have created an email for her on my account. So she is lisa@******.plus.com, whereas I am keith@ ******.plus.com. I want her to just get emails to her and all other emails to come to me on my PC. However, it appears that no matter what the prefix before the @ is, all emails come to the same PC.

It's worth noting the two PC's are not networked (yet), just seperate and standalone, each with it's own ADSL modem, us taking it in turns to go online when required.

Therefore, is there any way whatsoever of setting up OE on either PC to ensure only email with the designated prefix comes to that PC?

This is quite important and any help and advice will be gratefully received.

Cheers.
9 REPLIES
Cloudmaster
Grafter

I've just looked at the 'Email settings' section in my PlusNET portal, & it says you can password protect individual email accounts, would this not do what you want?
N/A

Hi there,

On the left of your screen under My Account go to Email Settings.

Creat a new mailbox (s) ie keith and then lisa.

Assign a password for each account.

Next Open Outlook Express on each PC

Create New Account.

1. krobcfc+keith and assigned password (as username and password)

2. krobcfc+lisa and assigned password(as username and pasword.)

That should do the trick.

Regards

Mark
N/A

Many thanks both, will go try that now!

Best regards.
N/A

Ok, with advance apologies for probably being dumb, this didn't work. I created a new email account called "lisa" and used a new password for it.

But, any email to that email address is still picked up by my computer when doing a standard "send and receive", presumably because it is picking up everything that has the suffix "krobcfc", regardless of password.

Equally, with her PC downstairs reconfigured with her new email account and new password, when she presses send/receive, she still gets all the email to me too!

It is pretty obvious I have done something wrong somewhere, perhaps someone can elucidate further whilst resisting the temptation to point and laugh. Wink

Regards,
N/A

Hi there,

At this point all i can do is point you towards this page

https://portal.plus.net/support/email/Mailboxes.shtml

If you follow this to the letter you should be sorted.

Regards

Mark
N/A

Have you tried getting into the two e-mail boxes via the portal? does this work?

If it does, then it suggests that something isn't setup right within outlook express.
Community Veteran

Ok, when you said 'I created a new email account called "lisa" and used a new password for it', was this via the Email Settings -> Mailboxes link on the left and you now see 2 new mailboxes listed yours and lisa's.

Then did you create a new (or change an existing) email account on PC to login as username+lisa and it's associated password?

If you created a new email account on Lisa's email client, did you also remove the old account. If not, that is where all the email is coming from. Lisa's PC should just have a single account for her plusnet mailbox.

You need to do the same except keep the username account setup so you get all the default emails.
N/A

Guys, thanks for the help. After following the link provided by pcsni, I realised what I was missing. The new mailbox has to be set up by having the new account as krobcfc+lisa - ie, the "+" sign is critical. I never spotted this before, but all is working now, so thanks very much.
N/A

Hi there,

Glad your sorted. Smiley

Regards

Mark