cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending faxes on broadband

N/A

I have tried to send a fax using my "all-in-one" printer which is an Epson CX3200.
It goes through the motions and says fax sent but it doesn't send it.
Can faxes be sent and received whilst on a Broadband connection please and if so how.
Regards
Keith
4 REPLIES
N/A

Yes they can.

You do this like you did before broadband.

Broadband uses dual signal technology. The voice side is seperate from the digital side.

While fax is a digital medium, it uses a standard modem, to perform DOA (digital over analogue), which uses the voice portion.

Provided you treat the fax like a normal phone, and use splitters, it should work fine.

If it is saying "fax sent", when it hasn't, then it sounds like somthing else.

You may try sending a foax, while all your broadband devices are unplugged, this should clear the broadband connection of blame.
N/A

Can I add a bit to this question - is it possible to send faxes using software [such as WinFax] etc.

Thanks.
Community Veteran

Can I add a bit to this question - is it possible to send faxes using software [such as WinFax] etc.

Thanks.

You can send a fax using win fax while on broadband but you MUST still have your 56k modem in the machine and available because the fax uses the ordinary voice part of the telephone and Dials up the number you are faxing to.
N/A

Ah ok thanks, that's what I expected.