cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Files with MSN Messenger & Skype

N/A

I have found it also makes a difference if one or both of the parties involved in a file transfer is using MSN7 beta.
me and a few friends had that problem so switched back to MSN6 and all is ok again.

also I dont find Skype that slow for sending files , certainly doesnt appear to be as slow as 7kbps.
5 REPLIES
dave47
Dabbler

I am on the Home Surf option and I have been trying to send files with both MSN Messenger and Skype. The file transfer has been very slow, which I have been looking into. On the Skype web site it says:-

My file transfer is slow. What's wrong?
The speed of the file transfer depends on the bandwidth available to both the sending and receiving party. Internet congestion can also cause file speeds to decrease. If your transfer is relayed, your file transfer speed will also be limited. Read more about that in the next question.

Any ideas how I can get round this with Skype?
N/A

I have had a similar experience with Skype, its not all that good for sending files, my transfer rate was 7kbs, so I just avoid using it for that now.
N/A

I used to have bad experences with skype. With standard 512 i can get 20-25 kbs sending rate, as long as im NOT in a call. MSN normally sucks for everything. The best traspher thing i ever found bar a network.. was Opear the web browsers IRC client.
N/A

skype normally sends files at about 20kb/s for me, which is almost the upload limit for 512k adsl, i often recieve at over 60kb/s, stop blaming skype, your connection/network setup sucks. and MSN always has, and always will suck at sending files!
N/A

Ermmm

Excuse me, there really is no need for that sort of reply, my connection as others here doesnt suck. Skype just doesnt use it all, I have no idea why but it doesnt, other messengers I use do send at the full upload rate, and this doesnt, also don't forget, I am using the same connection as you... ie Plusnet lol