cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Emails throught SAR-110

N/A

Hey Peeps,

I have a Solwise SAR-110 ADSL Router running firmware version 1.38, and I am unable to send emails via SMTP through the router, I have conncected to the internet using my old dial up modem and it works fine so I know the problem is with the router.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Kind Regard,

Liam Bradbury.
8 REPLIES
N/A

You don't state which SMTP server you are trying to communicate with or if you are trying to use DNS and MX records for direct communication with the intended recipient.

If you are trying to send SMTP via something other than relay.plus.net your email should be bounced due to anti mail relay rules (unless the server also host the destination persons mailbox).

If the case above is true correct your SMTP server address to relay.plus.net

Otherwise you need to check your firewall settings to ensure outbound TCP traffic destined for port 25 is allowed.

Darren
N/A

Thanks for your reply, I am trying to send directly from my exchange server.

Kind Regards,

Liam Bradbury.
N/A

How have you got the exchange server's SMTP internet configuration configured ?

i.e to use DNS resolution or via a single host

Darren
N/A

Darren,

Thanks again for your reply, I will try what you suggested and will keep you updated. I just cannot understand why I can send emails when I connect with my Freeserve Anytime account and not PlusNet.

Kind Regards,

Liam Bradbury,
Community Veteran

Liam

It sounds as though you still have the e-mail settings for your Freeseve account and you will need to change these for Plusnet.

Ie. for outgoing mail it should be relay.plus.net
and incoming mail is mail.plus.net
N/A

Hi there,

Does Exchange give an error message, or is the email actually bounced back from a mail server?
If you could post any errors/header messages onto a ticket (or on here if you wish) then we will be able to give you a little more pointed advice Smiley
N/A

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply's, exchange is working fine now :lol: , how ever I am having some trouble making my server accessible to the outside world, I have attached screenshots.

Any help regarding this matter would be appreciated.

http://www.lambardzme.plus.com/Router/1.jpg
http://www.lambardzme.plus.com/Router/2.jpg

Kind Regards,

Liam Bradbury.
N/A

The source port should be ANY or atleast -gt 1024 for TCP connection on port 80.

You don't need UDP access inwards on port 80.

Darren