cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Install - 1Mbit Upgrade Regrade fee needed ?

N/A

do i need to pay the £14.99 for a regrade, my original connection was a self install,

What broadband upgrades do not require a regrade?

1. What is a broadband 'regrade'?

To upgrade your broadband connection, we will arrange to 'regrade' your line. A regrade is a change made to the connection speed or contention of your telephone line at your local telephone exchange. If you want a faster broadband connection, or a lower contention, you need a regrade. The regrade itself involves a BT engineer making a physical change to your line at the local telephone exchange.
[Top]

"1 Does not apply to BT-install to self-install upgrades, which require a regrade."

Thanks,
3 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi,

Yes, the £14.99 regrade fee is applicable in your case. Generally speaking any change of speed or contention warrants a fee. This is because BT wholesale charge for the engineering work.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

What is the cost of a regrade? I was thinking about going from a 1 meg line onto a 2 meg, Is there a different price depending on your contract? i.e. monthly contract over an anual one?
Community Veteran

In a word yes, your contract period and what you choose to go on and if you are doing a speed change will determin the costs involved.

See Residential Upgrade Price List.

And to answer a previous question, a regrade refers to an upgrade or downgrade in speed.