Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SecuRemote VPN

N/A

SecuRemote VPN

Smiley

Hi All,

I'm not sure if anyone can help, i'm new to adsl and am having problems establishing a VPN to my work firewall.

I'm using SecuRemote to authenticate with CheckPoint NG. The authentication is successful and i can ping ip's on the remote lan, i can connect to shares (or ipc$) (from the command line using net use) on various servers, however if i try to actually browse then it times out every time. From the command line i simply get file not found if i try a dir *.*

I've also tried using a citrix client and 'remote administrator' which also time out.

At my end i'm connecting through an adsl router which allows IPSec ESP secure tunnelling pass through. The router also has a basic firewall built in that cannot be turned off. Was thinking this might be a problem but believe that securemote encapsulates all data transferred between the computer and the firewall, therefor if a ping works so should everything else.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alan
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: SecuRemote VPN

The fact you can ping, and connect to the $IPC, sugest that all is working.

However, you may want to check firewalls and statful packet checking firewall are not to blame.
N/A

RE: SecuRemote VPN

I agree that the fact that i can ping and connect to shares from the command line would indicate that the VPN has been initiated correctly.

I also thought about the firewall on my router causing problems, but as far as i'm aware (and i'm new to all this so could easily be wrong), once the secure tunnel between the client and firewall has been established, all traffic is meant to pass through this tunnel and therefor should only use the same ports as a ping or 'net use'.

I don't know what i'm missing here but something isn't adding up.

I'm going to try opening all ports on my router for the remote firewall gateway, however i need to wait for a nw router as i fried mine last night trying to upgrade the firmware so i could opena range of ports

Shocked(

Any other ideas or clarification on the inner workings of Secure Client would be greatly welcome.

Will let you know if opening the ports works.

Cheers,

Alan