cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second phone point.

N/A

Second phone point.

Can anybody clear this up for me. Ive got two phone points in my house (obviously the second is an extension). Is DSL gonna work off the extension, i know its a dumb question but has anybody had any grief with this before?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Second phone point.

I'm using an extension point (one of four!) and have no trouble at all.
HTH

N/A

> Can anybody clear this up for me. Ive got two phone points in my house (obviously the second is an extension). Is DSL gonna work off the extension, i know its a dumb question but has anybody had any grief with this before?

me too with no probs
--
Those who can teach.
Those who can't still teach!
N/A

A single pair of wires comes into the house from the BT network. The master socket contains a resistor and capacitor to split the ring signal off into a third wire. As a socket outlet however, there is no difference between this and all the secondary sockets - they are all simply wired together in parallel via the 4-core cable (of which only 3 wires are actively used).

Regards,

Andrew.

> Can anybody clear this up for me. Ive got two phone points in my house (obviously the second is an extension). Is DSL gonna work off the extension, i know its a dumb question but has anybody had any grief with this before?

N/A

Cheers guys! At the moment that is the least of my worries. Plus Net are telling me DSL is active, yet my modem picks up nada! Doesn`t matter which phone point in the house i use....arse!
N/A

> Cheers guys! At the moment that is the least of my worries. Plus Net are telling me DSL is active, yet my modem picks up nada! Doesn`t matter which phone point in the house i use....arse!

Just in case you get round to checking this post from a week ago! - you just need to be sure that both sockets (master and extension) have a micro filter/splitter thingy attached.