cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satallite Broadband connections

N/A

Has anybody had the experience of connecting a satallite Toshiba through this method of tec.Can it be quite pricy?
Can you still use a satillite computer through your existing ADSL CONNECTION?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Hi I'm a bit confused as to what your trying to do.

What equipment are you using? A toshiba laptop?

and you want to know about saterlitle broadband connections?

As for different types of connection, yes you could have an ADSL connection and a broadband connection via sat. You couldn't use them both at the same time though.

Does this help?
N/A

You could very easily use them at the same time, however, there would be no benefit, only degraded service as far as I can see.
N/A

Phil,

How could you use two internet connections at the same time? via a proxy? how would the computer know which connection to use?

Aaron
N/A

load balancing? and you could use one for all data like downloading /uploading and let the other one just be for ur web surfing or somthing
N/A

As buzzons says.

Normal satelite connections use a modem for the upload, and satelite for the download. This is done as you say, as a proxy server.

If you have the hardware, or the knowledge, you can even use them to share the load.

This can be done, in much the same way you can use two ADSL connections, if you know how.
N/A

Thanks guys for the info, I understood how sat worked, but I didn't know how you could have more than 1 BB connection connected at a time.

Cheers,

Aaron
N/A

BB (broadband as we all know) is no different to dialup.

The only differances between ADSL, cable, wireless, satelite, fibre, ISDN & dialup (and countless knows how many others) are the speeds and presentation.

Presentation is the connection methodology used to interconnect the transmition medium and your computer.
N/A

Many thanks for all the valueable contributions you have made.
My conclusion is that buying a non satellite laptop would suit my needs without going into the expense of a satellite connection.
N/A

Ah, it would appear you are confused by the name.

A Toshiba Satelite does not meen it comes with a satelite connection. Far from it.

It is northing more than a name of a product line.