cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNC / BT ?? Problems

N/A

SYNC / BT ?? Problems

Hi,

Ive connected my adsl modem to filter into phone socket upstairs (wired into socket downstairs), all phones downstairs go into main socket via double adapter into filter into master socket. Modem installed No probs, Power light on dsl light flashing (BT voyager adsl modem). Pc is On. DSL light doesnt go to solid, but all phones become un-useable no dial tone at all ! So I unplug adsl line upstairs and all phones work again. I just dont get it ! So no broadband and no phone line ! Brilliant ! BT engineer coming out tomorrow, fingers crossed he'll sort it ! Oh ive tried a different modem and filters and extension cable in lieu of socket but still does same D'oh. Anybody got any ideas HuhHuhHuh?? Am I doing anything wrong ??

Help - Cheers Owls67 Sad Sad Sad
7 REPLIES
N/A

SYNC / BT ?? Problems

That really sounds like a filter problem!
You got filter in every phone socket in your house not just the one BB is plugging into?
Stephen
Community Veteran

SYNC / BT ?? Problems

If I'm reading it correctly it sounds as though you are "Double Filtered". By that I mean that your ADSL signal is passing through two filters.
If so that will have a massive effect on the line loss and stop it working correctly.

Have a look at the tutorial I did here and you should get a pretty good idea of what could be wrong with your wiring.
Community Veteran

SYNC / BT ?? Problems

Yer that certainly sounds like a error in the way you are hooking your equipment up!!
The engineers visit may cost you! :!: Sad
N/A

SYNC / BT ?? Problems

Tried connecting adsl modem > filter > master socket, Still no joy., Tried modem > filter > extension cable > master still no Joy and with double adapter with phone still no joy ! Cry Cry
vic_newey
Grafter

SYNC / BT ?? Problems

we are presuming you don't have a BT master socket v1.0 which has its own seperate ADSL socket already filtered ?
N/A

SYNC / BT ?? Problems

No we dont have that. Bt engineer came out yesterday and found a fault on phone line (loop) he wouldnt comment on broadband though. Phone is good now ! But broadband is still not working, Plusnet are sending out a new modem and filters to try ! I'll keep you posted to outcome. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
N/A

SYNC / BT ?? Problems

He could have tested it though!
tested the line for sync, they can do that :roll: