cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPEED TESTING

N/A

SPEED TESTING

Just done a speed test and yet again i dont hit 300kps, if this dont get any better i will stop paying simple as that. I refuse to pay for a service which i am not getting nowhere near getting a 512k service more like between 128k and 256k.
This has been like this for a few wks, i have had enough.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: SPEED TESTING

> Just done a speed test and yet again i dont hit 300kps, if this dont get any better i will stop paying simple as that. I refuse to pay for a service which i am not getting nowhere near getting a 512k service more like between 128k and 256k.
> This has been like this for a few wks, i have had enough.

My speed is worse than yours. I must admit I do use a lot of p2p, but then again so do a lot of others. This has beeen going on for about 2 weeks with me now, and to be honest I don't give a damm if I signed up for a 12 month contract I'll stop my direct debit if this pile of ***** doesn't pick up. Lets face it, I aint getting what I'm paying for at the end of the day. They even blaqmed a fault on my line so mr bt came round my house earlier and guess what...no fault whatsoever. So wheres the fault mr plusholesinyournet.

N/A

Well my games server just ground to a halt with a lot of pi**ed of players, I already new what the problem was before i went and checked but i went and checked anyway a whopping 7 kbps upstream, if this carrys on much longer im off, I wont accept any excuses any more, or the blaim it on BT attitude their is not much point in raising a contact as +Net dont want to know, see the post regarding this very issue by James Dolan and the lack of response on his ticket.

This isnt just a case of ppl doing speed tests constantly this is a real world excercise where i have ppl from all parts of the country being unable to properly access my server now either all their connections went bad at the same time or my connection went bad, i pose the question what is the more likely scenario?

Ali

N/A

> Well my games server just ground to a halt with a lot of pi**ed of players, I already new what the problem was before i went and checked but i went and checked anyway a whopping 7 kbps upstream, if this carrys on much longer im off, I wont accept any excuses any more, or the blaim it on BT attitude their is not much point in raising a contact as +Net dont want to know, see the post regarding this very issue by James Dolan and the lack of response on his ticket.
>
> This isnt just a case of ppl doing speed tests constantly this is a real world excercise where i have ppl from all parts of the country being unable to properly access my server now either all their connections went bad at the same time or my connection went bad, i pose the question what is the more likely scenario?
>
> Ali
>
>

I am also having the same problem. I tried a speedtest this morning at 8:30 and the speed was good (47KB/sec) but now at 12:30 my speed is anywhere from 7.8KB/sec to 15KB/sec. This is getting really frustrating.
Im not putting up with it for much longer.
>

--
N/A

They tried the same with me (blamed fault on line/equipment incompatibility). I am also getting *very* slow connection speeds. Timed against a dial-up modem on my laptop running at the same time, dial-up wins every time! And I'm paying over 20 quid a month for the privilege?

> > Just done a speed test and yet again i dont hit 300kps, if this dont get any better i will stop paying simple as that. I refuse to pay for a service which i am not getting nowhere near getting a 512k service more like between 128k and 256k.
> > This has been like this for a few wks, i have had enough.
>
> My speed is worse than yours. I must admit I do use a lot of p2p, but then again so do a lot of others. This has beeen going on for about 2 weeks with me now, and to be honest I don't give a damm if I signed up for a 12 month contract I'll stop my direct debit if this pile of ***** doesn't pick up. Lets face it, I aint getting what I'm paying for at the end of the day. They even blaqmed a fault on my line so mr bt came round my house earlier and guess what...no fault whatsoever. So wheres the fault mr plusholesinyournet.
>
>