cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR suddenly dropped from 6.0-7.0 down to 0.0-1.0 - dropping

N/A

I was getting 5-7db consistently a month ago and now it has suddenly dropped right down.

I'm getting constant drop-outs & I even lost a voice call recently.

I am not on MaxDSL.

What's the best way to get this fixed? It would appear to be a BT problem, should I go through them directly (151)?

My Loop Att is not too bad at 62 - this is very stable so I think that I should be able to get BT to up the gain on my line to fix this?

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers,
Julian. Cry
3 REPLIES
N/A

Has anything changed like new phones cables moved new noise source?

Are you sure you havent been Maxdsld they never told me till after it was done. The snr is changed if the speed goes up. So if you had 6 at 2meg and it went up to 4 meg the snr would drop. Is the connection speed the same all the time.

All you can try is the standard unplug all the phones put the modem/router into the master socket, check cables are not near main cables the filters are ok. If all that fails do a adsl check off the portal and se eif it pick any faults up
N/A

Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure nothing has changed - at least nothing I can see. I am on 1MB/256kB so I'm fairly sure I'm not on Max.
N/A

In case anyone is following up.

My connection came back on at the point (a week after raising a ticket) that support responded to tell me I was being LLU'd.

A week later (couple of days ago), the connection dropped out all together for 2 days. This evening it reappeared and I can see that I have been Max'd as well as LLU'd.

I am currently getting slightly less bandwidth than I had before but understand that it is early days yet. It is still reasonable though for my connection and the stable rate page tells me I might be able to get twice what I had before - we'll see.

My SNR has doubled at present to 12. The atten. is as it was, around 60.5