cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR now gone bad when it was so good:(

N/A

Lo all i my sister likes to use her laptop to dail up to her companys bussiness network. Now what she does is that she doesnt put the cable for the dail up modem into the filter were it says phone ,BUT accually takes out the filter from the socket puts the cable in and dails up causing my connection to drop out. so i end up putting in the filter back in and sorting it all out, then automaticly reconnect through my Draytek vigor 2600 ADSL router and find out that my SNR has gone from 33 to 21, now my line is bad when it was really working well and just dont know what to do to sort this can anyone help me please.

[Moderators note (by Thomas): CAPS in title removed - please don't use them, as they are seen as shouting.]
6 REPLIES
N/A

oops spelling mistakes DAIL =dial LOL
N/A

Super Glue?
N/A

what the hell are u on about m8
N/A

Just having a laugh m8 (glue the filter in). What about a 'phone doubler into the filtered side of the splitter?
Community Veteran

Superglue the filter in the socket so it can't be removed by your sister. That stops your sister disconnecting your ADSL but does not answer your actual question... Why does your sister remove the filter - I'm sure you have explained she must connect her modem to the filter and not the socket. If she refuses to do that, get another sister as the one you have must be faulty Wink

If by unplugging and replugging the filter, your SNR has decreased then I suspect a bad connection in that socket or it's dirty. Removing a device should have little effect on the SNR.

Have you tried another filter?

What SNR do you get if you plug the router into your master socket. If it is higher than 21 then your internal wiring is at fault and needs checking/replacing. Wink

Are you sure all other phones, faxes, 56K modems and sky boxes are filtered?
N/A

its ok now guys i just reset my router and my SNR is now 33 again.
oh yes i everything is filterd sky u name it, 56 all that but my sisters just a bit dumb thats why she pulled out the filter. But i think she needs filtering in the head. LOL.