cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMC Router on Mac OSX

N/A

SMC Router on Mac OSX

Hi all!

I have been trying for almost a month with an SMC Barricade router and MAC OSX, but I get no sync (sync light keeps flashing; connection between my computer and the router on the other hand is fine). Plusnet had BT check their line and everything seems ok, still my router does not sync.

Does anybody have an idea of where the problem could be?

Thanks.

Dante

ps. to Customer Support: of course I also raised ticket 4864804, please come back to me.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: SMC Router on Mac OSX

> Hi all!
>
> I have been trying for almost a month with an SMC Barricade router and MAC OSX, but I get no sync (sync light keeps flashing; connection between my computer and the router on the other hand is fine). Plusnet had BT check their line and everything seems ok, still my router does not sync.
>
> Does anybody have an idea of where the problem could be?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dante
>
> ps. to Customer Support: of course I also raised ticket 4864804, please come back to me.

At the risk of being shouted at:

you have got @plus.net after your name at Login haven't you?

Hugh
N/A

Yup. Also tried with Bt_test@startup_domain. Still no sync. Yup.

Dante

N/A

BT have stated that their tests on your line state that it "should" work.

OK, what to do next.

First remove all telephones and extensions from the master socket.

Next move computer within reach of the master phone socket and plug in one filter and one ADSL device only. Check to see if the unit connects. If it does not try another splitter.

If it does connect then slowly add more splitters, phones and extensions until the connect stops. The last thing you plugged in will not be compatible with ADSL. Or you may have reached the limit of devices which can be on the line at any one time.

If it does not work let us know.

--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

I have already tried all the things you say. I have no extensions on the line. It just does not work.

Quite frankly, there is nothing more I can do about it. I think it's Plusnet's turn to do something about it.

Dante Leone