cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW ADSL

N/A

SLOW ADSL

Having read the following article on the ADSLGUIDE website this morning...I can only say that I fully concur with their findings: -

Due to popular demand, we have released a list of the top 10 fastest broadband ISPs according to the results accumulated by our Speed Tester during July 2002. ISPs are ranked by average downstream speed for 512Kbps connections. We also plan to start publishing ISP speed test results on a monthly basis shortly. In the meanwhile to whet your appetite, here is the list:

Rank ISP Downstream (Kbps) Upstream (Kbps)
1 Clara.net 446 224
2 Zen Internet 441 228
3 One.Tel 437 233
4 Nildram 436 225
5= Andrews & Arnold 429 221
5= Demon 429 230
5= Freeserve 429 225
8 Eclipse Internet 424 230
9 BTOpenworld 421 212
10 Mailbox Internet 418 223

Last month saw a close battle for 1st position with Clara.net taking the gold trophy by a 5Kbps downstream average over rival ISP Zen Internet.

Please note that smaller ISPs may be excluded from this list due to a lack or absence of speed test data. In addition, we urge our users to try our ISP Comparator which considers other factors such as reliability and customer service. Remember to ask in our Message Boards if you're choosing a new ISP!

As you can see Plusnet are no where to be seen in the top 10..... In the past couple of weeks I have endured no ends of problems, primarily but not wholly, due to DNS. I have also experienced lots of issues with the news servers and speeds, at times, can be unacceptably slow.

What are Plusnet doing about thisHuh??

2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: SLOW ADSL

> Having read the following article on the ADSLGUIDE website this morning...I can only say that I fully concur with their findings: -
>
> Due to popular demand, we have released a list of the top 10 fastest broadband ISPs according to the results accumulated by our Speed Tester during July 2002. ISPs are ranked by average downstream speed for 512Kbps connections. We also plan to start publishing ISP speed test results on a monthly basis shortly. In the meanwhile to whet your appetite, here is the list:
>
> Rank ISP Downstream (Kbps) Upstream (Kbps)
> 1 Clara.net 446 224
> 2 Zen Internet 441 228
> 3 One.Tel 437 233
> 4 Nildram 436 225
> 5= Andrews & Arnold 429 221
> 5= Demon 429 230
> 5= Freeserve 429 225
> 8 Eclipse Internet 424 230
> 9 BTOpenworld 421 212
> 10 Mailbox Internet 418 223
>
>
> Last month saw a close battle for 1st position with Clara.net taking the gold trophy by a 5Kbps downstream average over rival ISP Zen Internet.
>
> Please note that smaller ISPs may be excluded from this list due to a lack or absence of speed test data. In addition, we urge our users to try our ISP Comparator which considers other factors such as reliability and customer service. Remember to ask in our Message Boards if you're choosing a new ISP!
>
> As you can see Plusnet are no where to be seen in the top 10..... In the past couple of weeks I have endured no ends of problems, primarily but not wholly, due to DNS. I have also experienced lots of issues with the news servers and speeds, at times, can be unacceptably slow.
>
> What are Plusnet doing about thisHuh??
>
>
>
>
Hi,

Please see the 'ADSL performance' thread in this forum.

Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

RE: SLOW ADSL

Thank you - I have read the thread as you have mentioned in your post. Whereas, once again, I understand the complexities of the issues you are facing, I am growing tired of the issues that we as customers are continually facing. It'd be bliss to have a trouble free DSL week!!

It appears that Cable (NTL/Telewest) are growing seemingly more attractive in my eyes.

Rgds

> > Having read the following article on the ADSLGUIDE website this morning...I can only say that I fully concur with their findings: -
> >
> > Due to popular demand, we have released a list of the top 10 fastest broadband ISPs according to the results accumulated by our Speed Tester during July 2002. ISPs are ranked by average downstream speed for 512Kbps connections. We also plan to start publishing ISP speed test results on a monthly basis shortly. In the meanwhile to whet your appetite, here is the list:
> >
> > Rank ISP Downstream (Kbps) Upstream (Kbps)
> > 1 Clara.net 446 224
> > 2 Zen Internet 441 228
> > 3 One.Tel 437 233
> > 4 Nildram 436 225
> > 5= Andrews & Arnold 429 221
> > 5= Demon 429 230
> > 5= Freeserve 429 225
> > 8 Eclipse Internet 424 230
> > 9 BTOpenworld 421 212
> > 10 Mailbox Internet 418 223
> >
> >
> > Last month saw a close battle for 1st position with Clara.net taking the gold trophy by a 5Kbps downstream average over rival ISP Zen Internet.
> >
> > Please note that smaller ISPs may be excluded from this list due to a lack or absence of speed test data. In addition, we urge our users to try our ISP Comparator which considers other factors such as reliability and customer service. Remember to ask in our Message Boards if you're choosing a new ISP!
> >
> > As you can see Plusnet are no where to be seen in the top 10..... In the past couple of weeks I have endured no ends of problems, primarily but not wholly, due to DNS. I have also experienced lots of issues with the news servers and speeds, at times, can be unacceptably slow.
> >
> > What are Plusnet doing about thisHuh??
> >
> >
> >
> >
> Hi,
>
> Please see the 'ADSL performance' thread in this forum.
>
> Regards,
> Rob
> --
> | Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
>
>
>