cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SKY BB

N/A

SKY BB

Hi,

I live in Cumbria and wondered if anyone has had any further contact from SKY BB. Ive registered my interest as i'm now sick of PN after 3-4 years.

Also does anyone know if i'm better staying on LLU for a migration or MaxDSL as i assume SKY is LLU on easynet?

Thanks

Nicky
8 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

SKY BB

Before rushing off to greener grass Nicky, you might like to read the Sunday Times article referred to in this thread.

Some of the grass is positively brown.
N/A

SKY BB

Hi, yeah i spotted that earlier on. To be honest i'm just sick of the poor service and response to questions. I've been a PN customer for some years and it was all fine until i got LLU. Annoyed at the slower speed and constant disconnections.

Got a post on the other forum with the details of the problem in the hope that someone from PN might read it.

I was one of the few lucky people that had a stable MaxDSL connection, and looks like i wont get it back unless i pay 47quid....
N/A

SKY BB

I've been considering moving to Sky BB BUT not until I've seen their FUP which is marked by a little asterix next to their "Unlimited" account. The FUP is nowhere on their site so I've emailed them three times asking them to forward a copy.

Their first two replies just skirted around the issue and they just ignored my third email. The bottom line is that they are flatly refusing to release their FUP for "unlimited" acounts so I suspect it's going to be a stinker.
N/A

SKY BB

I also looked in vain for their FUP, I'm glad its not just me going blind!
Until they reply to let me know that its available though, I'm not going to worry too much.
I haven't checked around much TBH, has anybody seen feedback from people who are using it yet?
N/A

SKY BB

Hi,

Just had my invitation to join SKY BB, called them up. They wont accept the reverse LLU MAC thingy and require us to be on BT Adsl before they'll take any MAC. I'm not happy, easynet is available on my exchange and i bet they'll just LLU me onto that if i order.

Also the kind lady said that as long as you didn't take the p1ss with the FUP then you wont be penalised. Also she said its the FUP regulated by OFCOM so maybe thats an idea for anyone after FUP details...

I want to go as i'm sick of being disconnected for the last 2 weeks. Cant work on my business connection. And i know i will have to fight to get back to BT.
N/A

SKY BB

This is what I found for Sky BB FUP:-

http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/usage

HTH
N/A

hi

next friday the 8th the sky engineer is coming to do his thing and hopefully i'll get 13-15 meg ,i asked about fup [got the read this site ] telephone guy says to put it in perspective i quote " if your going to download a certain amount [eg 60- 80 gig a month then u probably wont exceed fup" [ye i noted the probably]however if you download 24/7 at 1.4 meg a second fr the month then that would work out at [quick rough calculation]
1.4x 60 = 84 meg x60= 5 gig x 24 =120 x 30= 3600 gig [as i say roughly ] a month on one line [and dont laugh as i know some people who constantly max out their line ] then i would imagine you would get [ass and knecked as we say in scotland [also known as the bum's rush] i think for a tenner a month i cant get 2 meg cheaper than that and for 13-15 meg its gotta be a bargain
ps i phoned sky took 30 seconds to connect another minute to sign up, called second number with mac code and for engineers visit [it took 1 minute 30 to answer and another minute to arrange a suitable date time ]if plus were as good then maybe i wouldnt be leaving [nah at 10 quid the term "of your rocker comes to mind" Cheesy
N/A

SKY BB

I read through that usage policy and yet again, as with PN and many others, they leave you guesing with words like "excessive", but what IS excessive? It basically means they can move the goalposts as and when they see fit. The usual story.

And I still stick with my view that ANY account that is advertised as "Unlimited" should not have ANY FUP atatched to it. It's deliberately worded to mislead the many ppl who simply don't bother reading the small print. They read "Unlimited" and take them at their word that that is exactly what it means.