cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDSL?

Cloudmaster
Grafter

SDSL?

Thanks for that Liam, I wasn't aware that Plusnet were already offering SDSL. At £325 for the 2Mb product though I think I'll do as you suggest & wait for 8Mb ADSL to come my way.

SDSL would have been useful to me, but not that useful.
6 REPLIES
Cloudmaster
Grafter

SDSL?

Hi all,

I was just exploring the BT site to try & find out when 8Mb would be available from my exchange when I came across this 'Exchange RAMSGATE will have SDSL by 17th July 2005'.

Are Plusnet likely to roll out any products using this technology?

Thanks
LiamM
Grafter

SDSL?

Plusnet already offer SDSL.

http://www.plus.net/products/business/sdsl/broadband_sdsl.html

It's relatively expensive, and tbh, I would just wait until 8Mb is available as SDSL does not currently offer these speeds.

The only benefit of SDSL, in my opinion, is the upload speed matched to the download speed. With 8Mb and MaxDSL in the pipeline at the end of the summer, upload speeds are set to increase also dependant on your line conditions.
N/A

SDSL?

u can get 2meg SDSL for 160 from bulldog if u live in an LLU updated exchange area.

buz
Cloudmaster
Grafter

SDSL?

The problem there is that I'm not in a popular area as far as these LLU companies are concerned, so can't see them putting their equipment in my exchange.

I wouldn't pay that much for the service anyway, roll on 8Mb ADSL!!!
N/A

SDSL?

Yeah the prices are a bit high on it, as with any new product from BT, prices should come down in a year or two LOL Smiley
N/A

SDSL?

The one problem here is that ADSL isn't new now. It is actualy pretty mature.

Uptake of SDSL is poor because of the distance requirments are far more strict that ADSL. You need a new phone line which can't be used for voice at all as well.