cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAR110 - problems, problerms, problems!!!

N/A

In order to preserve what little patience I have left I will keep this short. The tone of this message is a little acidic as I have been brushed of by a Support Person/Agent/Bod and the problem has been sorted by ME!

Months ago, I was sent a Solwise SAR110 router with all the peripherals etc.
For the first time today I attempted to plug and play. Well, suffice to say it plugged but wouldn't play.

I contacted PN support whoe suggested that I have a problem with an already open connectionHuh Never happened before but I'm to trusting like that. I was then told to try again in an hour. Did so, same old story (Entry not suitable - or something like that!).

Then spoke to another bod and was told that it'd be 2 working days before the connection would be resumed....red face, expletives waiting to roll of the tongue, cigarette in hand...but I just moaned a little and hung up.

I plugged the old 3Com router in, restarted it, fiddled around and hey presto, La Internet Smiley
Happy ending? Not so as I have yet to figure out why the Solwise router wouldn't do anything. Never used one before, haven't got specfics from PlusNet (even more tricky without a connection) and generally hacked off at the attitude of the support bod.

If anyone can tell/show me how to configure the router so it works then I'd be eternally grateful, as would my blood pressure.

Thanks in advance...but I'd ilke to know what PN manager(s)/supervisor(s) think of this situation.

Cheers
PB
6 REPLIES
Mark_Dowd
Grafter

Re: SAR110 - problems, problerms, problems!!!

Months ago, I was sent a Solwise SAR110 router with all the peripherals etc. For the first time today I attempted to plug and play. Well, suffice to say it plugged but wouldn't play.

You mention the router and peripherals, but not the very helpful "Quickstart Guide" (single sheet of A4 printed on both sides) which was shipped with mine.

Following a number of irritable phone calls (BT Wholesale playing hard to get) I received my router kit, and was up and running within 15 minutes. The plain, rather cheap looking, case of the SAR 110 hides a cunningly sophisticated unit which "just works" when told the "magic" configuration.

Perhaps +net could scan the Quickstart guide and place it as an attachment in the FAQ section?

Finally, in response to your poll, experts are expensive, and all of the expertise rarely exists in one individual, let alone two or three. In order to have all of the expertise available all of the time, it might cost a little more than the rates +net charge. I know it is frustrating when things go "off the wire", and I'm sure that +net appreciate the fact.
N/A

I've searched for that ellusive piece of paper but to no avail. Don't suppose you have it?? :lol: If you do i'd be eternally garetful :shock:

I used to be in technical support and even I found it frustrating when I couldn't help customer as I was working at the weekend. I would find it better to speak to an answermachine and leave a message rather than have my hopes raised by speaking to a bod and then being told nothing can be done.
Mike_Grice
Grafter

I've searched for that ellusive piece of paper but to no avail. Don't suppose you have it?? :lol: If you do i'd be eternally garetful :shock:

Spookily enough Josh who is sat next to me is answering your open ticket by giving you a link to the QS guide (it's on the portal)

Smiley

Hope that helps!
Mark_Dowd
Grafter

Ouch!

I've just typed most of the Quickstart Guide in before noticing Mike's response. Shockedops: Perhaps I should have checked out the portal's resources before going "longhand" :lol:
N/A

Hee hee, thanks, I have the guide, or at least the URL which, as soon as PlusNet/BT actually get my ADSL working, but that's a seperate issue raised somewhere in Customer Annoyance At Not Getting Problems Sorted Shocked)
Community Veteran

The thing that suprises me about this post -
How come you never checked the support pages on the portal for the information you required in the first place?

Chris