cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAR-110, weird MTU settings

N/A

Hi all,

Don't know if anyone else has this weird problem, but bear with me.

Recently updated the firmware to the lastest version (220903), where apparently the routers MTU is fixed at 1452. Is this true?

My downloads using p2p software eg Bittorrent - since christmas, downloads dropped from average of 50Kbs to now 20Kbs. Even when reinstalled OS, old v1.38 router software.

Nothing has changed other than Bittorrent has released version 3.3.

Currently using MTU 1452, Rwin 16944 on 512kbs connection. Get between 460kbps-480kbps. Cant get any higher, Even though Im sitting on top of the exchange. Got very low db loss and very good online gaming pings 30-40(CStrike).

Is there any tweaks I can do to increase downloads in bittorrent? Ive already tried DRTcp and set settings to optimum as per the sticky.

Thx for any help.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Does your bittorent client software allow you to
limit upload bandwidth? If so, set upload
limit to 80% of your line speed, this should allow
you to download nearer to your maximum.
Alec
N/A

Yup, already set upload to between 14-16k. but still fluctuates between the 20k-30k.

Like I said, this has only started to happen after christmas. Nothing has changed in my hardware software or internet connection!?!?!

It's a mystery to me!!! :?
N/A

Sar 110 has a fixed MTU of 1452, you can't change it. My Mtu is set at 1478 and RWIN is 17256.
General download is around 480-495 even though dslreports shows up as being out.
N/A

Have you forwarded ports 6881 - 6889 to you PC for Bittorrrent ? I had the same problem with my router and as soon as i opened up the ports problem was solved. 45 - 50kb is my average download speed now.

I also have thr SAR-110.
N/A

Yup, ports already opened, always have been, but still no joy.

Anyone got suggestions on better mtu rwin settings?