cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAR-110 router and Dell Dimension 9100

N/A

First of all aplogies if this has been covered before somewhere but i never seen anything

Just set up my new Dell 9100 (on my old dimension 4600 at moment tho) and was plugging in my Solwise 110 router when i realised that there is nowhere on the rear of the tower to plug in the console lead. Forgive my stupidity but the one with the 2 pin connectors to secure it in place, kind of like a monitor to gfx card connector. On my old Dell it was a 'green' colour coded socket

Does anyone know what i mean? I cannot set up and configure the router through the configuration manager.

Cheers in advance
4 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Do you mean the serial port that looks like this and allows you to telnet into your router for config

If so then you should be able to use the web interface for configuration by opening your browser and typing something like 192.168.1.1 or similar which should be highlighted in the user manual

*Edit*
Just done a search for you and all is explained about configuration Here
you shouldnt have any problems after reading through this and it may help you by printing it off for reference if your user manual is not much cop

Bill.
N/A

cheers Bill, a couple of things,

Yes its the serial port, there is not one on this brand new PC. What does the lead going into the serial port do? My assumption is it connects the hardware to your PC, you install the device then as i originally did go to the web configuration page you mentioned and voila!

However all i have connecting the Router to the PC is the ADSL cable from the rear of the router itslef, so it will not pick up any new hardware? Or is that all just rubbish? :?
N/A

you need this page

http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6178

If you want to access the config page using the serial lead, else type in 192.168.7.1 into your browser to setup your router with your ADSL cable.
holdtight
Grafter

You dont need the serial cable connected to configure your router its just an alternative method

you will need your router powered up and connected to the telephone line via a splitter and the ethernet (lan) cable also plugged in and connected from the router to the lan port on your pc

once youve done that you will be able to get to the web configurattion page using your browser to input your settings as peggywan said using the ip address 192.168.7.1

Bill.