cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running 56k modem and ADSL at the same time

bugrain
Dabbler

Running 56k modem and ADSL at the same time

Having just moved over to ADSl I'd like to keep my old ISP for a while so I can grab e-mail and letanybody know my new e-mail address (anyone I may have forgotten, that is).

However, I cannot find a way to dial in to my old ISP once my ADSL has connected. Even if I disconnect ADSL I cannot dial in or re-connect my ADSL - it says something (I know not what) is already trying to establish a connection.

Anybody been able to do this or able to help sort it out.

--
Cheers,
Neil
4 REPLIES
bugrain
Dabbler

RE: Running 56k modem and ADSL at the same time

sorted - it was an SMTP server and password problem
--
Cheers,
Neil
N/A

> Having just moved over to ADSl I'd like to keep my old ISP for a while so I can grab e-mail and letanybody know my new e-mail address (anyone I may have forgotten, that is).
>
> However, I cannot find a way to dial in to my old ISP once my ADSL has connected. Even if I disconnect ADSL I cannot dial in or re-connect my ADSL - it says something (I know not what) is already trying to establish a connection.
>
> Anybody been able to do this or able to help sort it out.
>
>
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Neil

Hi Neil,

You do realise that you don't need to use your old dail up account to get mail from your old email address. You can collect any mail from any old email address through your ADSL account, its only the sending your can't do (although you can indirectly)

N/A

> Having just moved over to ADSl I'd like to keep my old ISP for a while so I can grab e-mail and letanybody know my new e-mail address (anyone I may have forgotten, that is).
>
> However, I cannot find a way to dial in to my old ISP once my ADSL has connected. Even if I disconnect ADSL I cannot dial in or re-connect my ADSL - it says something (I know not what) is already trying to establish a connection.
>
> Anybody been able to do this or able to help sort it out.
>
>
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Neil

Hi Neil,

You do realise that you don't need to use your old dail up account to get mail from your old email address. You can collect any mail from any old email address through your ADSL account, its only the sending your can't do (although you can indirectly)

bugrain
Dabbler

> You do realise that you don't need to use your old dail up account to get mail from your old email address. You can collect any mail from any old email address through your ADSL account, its only the sending your can't do (although you can indirectly)

Yep - that's why I replied to myself!

--
Cheers,
Neil