cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routers

N/A

Routers

What routers support, line stats, any bad ones to avoid?

:arrow: your comments on a postcard :?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Moved to the correct part of the forums.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Routers

Netgear DG834G/DG834 Works well
Stay away from the WAG54G Wink

Moderators note by John (johnessex) quote removed. There is no need to use all of a preceding post as a quote.
Alecto
Grafter

Routers

But Peter Vaughan says

FYI the popular netgear DG834 range does not suport IGMP, even with the latest beta firmware so do not support multicast. The older DG814 will also not work

so if you're hoping to use multicast when Pn get around to it, the Netgear won't do it.
N/A

Routers

morpheus124 ..whats wrong with the Wag54?
N/A

Routers

There are Lots of problems with the WAG54G v1 Linksys have recalled all v1 of the WAG54G. I have a WAG54G v2 and it will not hold the ADSL Connection when using p2p. Just Google it….

www.linksysinfo.org
N/A

DG834

Definately recommend the Netgear DG834 - bought this a few months back - no problems, easy to setup/configure if you need to open/block ports etc..

Regards

Steve.
holdtight
Grafter

Routers

Cant speak for others but ive used the WAG54G for nearly 6 months and its never dropped a connection yet

Its always up when i want it with not one problem ever and i wouldnt hesitate to recommend it to others, in fact i have here and also some customers who`s systems i keep serviced who wanted to go wireless and they have had no problems either

I cant see us all as just being lucky and imho its a very good router
chymorva
Grafter

Routers

I use an Edimax AR-6024 Router which I find very good. It is very easy to setup if you know very little about routers, OTOH it has advanced features available if you do know what you are doing. It shows line statistics and has never caused me any problems. And all this for less than 40 quid Cheesy