cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router

N/A

Router

LO all about 2.30 PM today my connection droped out, this usauly never happens. Now i go into the online status of my Draytek vigor 2600 ADSl router
and i notice that my DNS servers have been changed, so i restart the connection, the normal dns servers return, but still i cant online game or surf the web. I was currently connected through PPPOE, im lucky that my exchange has it, now im connected thorugh my crappy usb modem, and not thorugh my router, what is going on here, will i be able to use my router again?, also im about a quarter of a mile away form my exchange and my ADSL was great until now. i also tried reseting my router and restarting my PC and no luck. im on the cressington exchange, is there any work by BT going on there?
I just dont get how such a good connection goes to such a mess. Cry
5 REPLIES
drw
Grafter

Router

Hello

Did this problem get resolved ?

Why am I asking - I am considering getting a Vigor 2600 router and I am looking at other people's experiences
N/A

Router

I have a 2600V, and it works very well here.

I had a few teething problems within the first 5 days, including 3 random reboots, but when I threatened it with being sent back, it has coperated since.

Currently been on for 33 days no trouble (that last reboot) and has had a online time fo over 101 hours at one stage, until I made a tweek and clicked the wrong button yesterday.
drw
Grafter

Router

Thanks for your comment - Is it possible to change the MTU value for the router with the 2600 family

and also what speed connection do you have - I am wanting to use it on a 2mgb connection to replace a Vigor 2200USB and an Alcatel ADSL modem
wandelaar
Grafter

Router

I also use a 2600(X) router.

Originally on ISDN where it was faultless.

Now on 1meg ADSL (via512K) and it is still faultless (subject to a BT prob) the router returned exactly the same results as BT which is good.

Prior to BT prob, router was (on ADSL) up for abt 150days 24/7..

Used 24/7 for linking ham radio around the world, (& no I AM NOT ONE OF THE .3% merchants).. Nothing like it..

I have found no way to tweak the MTU on the router, but who cares as I get 960kbs regularly on 1Mb,,

Hope this helps..

Dave
drw
Grafter

Router

Helllo

Again thanks for the info re Router reliability

- RE MTU settings

I spoke with the SEG people today about this on the 2500V and they said that MTU setttings could be changed by using a Telnet command. So I would expect that this could be done in the same way on the 2500 family of routers

Looking at the SEG support area there is reference to TELNET commands.

Thanks again