cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router suggestion.

N/A

Router suggestion.

A friend is looking to (finally Wink ) get a broadband net connection for his business.

He already has a switch and wireless access point, so he only really needs a basic ADSL modem/router.

Is the 1-port router that plusnet offer OK, or is there a better product about? He's no need for anything fancy / expensive, just something that will do the job with minimum hassle.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Router suggestion.

I can't answer your specific query, but I've recently bought the Belkin ADSL Modem/WirelessG Router. This is last years technology - but offers four hard wired LAN ports and 54Mb/s Wierless. Works OK with the new ADSLMax.

On sale in Curry's at the moment for around £45.
N/A

Router suggestion.

I have installed a few routers and so far have found the Belkin the most easy to install for non techies, apart from the fact it used to install without security enabled by default. Netgear used to be good routers, but dont support multicast. Linksys I have never used but some friends have had problems getting them to work
N/A

Router suggestion.

DLINK is a good bet for your friend to use, its easy to use and setup only taking around 2 minutes to setup. There is alot of advanced options aswell for more techie people so if he gets more confident can use more of the DLINK, be warned tho that DLINK like to name alot of the features with techinical names to confuse us.