cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router stats any good???

N/A

Router stats any good???

Cheesy Hi can anyone tell me if these router stats are any good. I went on http://www.dslzoneuk.net/maxspeed.php Which told me i should get 8mb adslmax according to my stats. I know i have been on adsl max about for 3/4 days which takes time to get correct speed but it has not moved. Just wanted to know if these starts are ok :roll: , Thankyou

Line Status SHOWTIME

Link Type Interleaved Path

Actual Data Rate
Up Stream
448 (Kbps.)

Down Stream
3904 (Kbps.)

Noise Margin
20 dB
0 dB

Attenuation
60 dB
48 dB

Fast Path FEC Correction

Interleaved Path FEC Correction

Fast Path CRC Error

Interleaved Path CRC Error

Loss of Signal Defect
---

Fast Path HEC Error

Interleaved Path HEC Error

:roll: Statistics: Statistics
Received Cells

Transmitted Cells
3 REPLIES
N/A

Router stats any good???

can anybody help Cry
shellsong
Grafter

Router stats any good???

There's something puzzling about those stats-- a noise margin of 0 dB is worrying because, in theory, your connection should either be dropping out all the time or be completely compromised. It should be aiming at 6 dB which is the default and if that was achieved your synch rate woud be halved (~ 2 Mbps)-- I assume the 0 dB refers to the downstream noise margin!

It is also unusual for the upstream attenuation to exceed the downstream attenuation

Are those figures obtained with the router/modem plugged into the test socket? (See http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/lowSNR.htm for some help on sorting out low SNR (Noise Margin)) The less fortunate aspects of your stats could be down to wiring problems at your location or the quality of BT's part of the line rather than line length
N/A

Router stats any good???

Thanks for reply I have checked them stats again heres what i got?

Upstream Downstream Noise Margin 20db 4db

Attenuation 60db 48db