cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router starter pack model???

N/A

Router starter pack model???

Does anybody know what model adsl router comes in the router starter pack. all the box says it "ADSL ROUTER" - there is no mention of this on the alcatel website - they just have speedtouch. is it a speedtouch?

it is really frustrating....

thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Router starter pack model???

I think it is Alcatel. If you go to Utility, then System in the router web interface, it lists this (or at least mine does):-

Product Model: ADSL Router
Firmware Version: Version 2.6i
CPU: MPC850 at 48MHz
RAM: 4MB
Flash: 2MB
Chipset: ALCATEL MTC150
Host Name: SOHO

HTH

Jon.
N/A

i cant find any information on it either. would love to know how to set up the DMZ so i can play old direct play games on gamespy. I do what i think you should do but ,am still stuck behind a firewall. And i have nothing to read to see why . Any one got there computer in front of the firewall on this alctel router . Would love to know how
N/A

Not sure what you mean by DMZ, but to play games, you need to use Port forwading in the router. Find the port number the game you want to play uses. Then add a forward in the router config to point to your PCs IP address (probably 192.166.8.2) and that port on your PC.

At least that worked for me when I wanted to host a game of Unreal Tournament.

Jon.
N/A

> Does anybody know what model adsl router comes in the router starter pack. all the box says it "ADSL ROUTER" - there is no mention of this on the alcatel website - they just have speedtouch. is it a speedtouch?
>
> it is really frustrating....
>
> thanks

The manufacturer's website is http://www.aceex.com.tw/.

Tim