Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router settings or PlusNet?

N/A

Hi,

I hope someone out there can help me.

I am trying to register an account at http://www.neteller.com.

The trouble I face is when I press the submit button on the signup page, this redirects to the page https://www.neteller.com/neteller/signup_Activate.cfm. Now on my plusnet connection at home, this page constantly comes up as a 404.

I have been able to access this from any other connection I have access to, all non-plusnet.

Can anybody else get to that page with a plusnet connection?

If you can, Im assuming that its my router or something thats stopping it :?:
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

On DSL i can view the signup_Activate.cfm using a PCI modem though
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

The page displays fine to me both on BTO and PlusNet, however, it simply redirects to another page saying values are missing.

Are you sure you are getting a 404 message and not a DNS error message?
N/A

Page resolves fine here, takes me to a sign up page, have you got cookies disabled if so that may be the cause of the problem.
N/A

The page displays fine to me both on BTO and PlusNet, however, it simply redirects to another page saying values are missing.

Are you sure you are getting a 404 message and not a DNS error message?

Your actually correct Acarr, It is actually "Cannot find server or DNS Error"

Didnt realise at the time, they are so similar.

Does this now mean that it is my router settings that are incorrect, or my computer?

thanks for all the replys so far peeps
N/A

Page resolves fine here, takes me to a sign up page, have you got cookies disabled if so that may be the cause of the problem.

Yeah, I got cookies fully enabled. First thing I thought off, but no joy Im affraid!
N/A

OK as you guessed from my message, the two errors are totaly different.

One is produced by a webserver, though when below a certain size, IE will generate/display its own.

The other is a generic, false and generaly misleading error message from IE. It is used in places where they can't think of better wording.

When it comes to SSL links, this page is famous for displaying when a link times out.

Can i ask what router you are using?

I have found that on our SAR715 PV, we had to disable IDS (intrusion detection) for SSL to operate correctly.
N/A

Can i ask what router you are using?

Yeah, I am using a Conexant AMX-CA64E

Have got the latest firmware for it etc.