cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router off while on holiday with Max?

N/A

Hi,

All being well with the airports I'm soon to have a couple of weeks away.
Normally I'd switch my Netgear off completely for the duration just in case of thunderstorms etc
However now I have ADSLMax I was wondering if I switched the router off if it would have any effect on my profile, data rate or sync rate at all?
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for looking in Smiley
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It is changes in sync rate / SNR that affect the speeds you get. Switching your router off for 2 weeks should* be fine and will not affect your connection.

* However, Max can have a mind of its own sometimes and just a simple reboot caused me problems when I was on Max. In theory, leaving your router off should have no affect but as with all things BT, there are no guarantees.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I did read somewhere that leaving your router off for 2 weeks can re-initiate the 10 day training period. Whether that is valid or just an "Old Wives Tale" I have no idea
Community Veteran

I'm not aware of any condition / situation that will initiate the 10 day trial period again. Only BT can do this I beleive, there is nothing an end user can do to initiate it.
Community Veteran

which is a pity as it could solve a lot of problems where a fault has been fixed
N/A

Can you really imagine people who would be willing to go without their ADSL for 2 weeks Wink
Community Veteran

I didn't really mean that I was responding to Peter's statement
I'm not aware of any condition / situation that will initiate the 10 day trial period again. Only BT can do this I beleive, there is nothing an end user can do to initiate it.
shellsong
Grafter

According to Ian Willmore of Nildram
We are discouraged by BTw to put in requests to have the 10day stabilization period started again, but it is not impossible to get this done via the support desk.
N/A

Thanks to all for the replies Cheesy

I thought it might be a *should* be ok...
Not sure what to do really, I have a very stable Max connection and don't want to mess things up.
Perhaps I'll leave it on and chance it.