Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not sync'ing

N/A

Router not sync'ing

Hi

I have had no link now for 24 hours.

My router's link light just keeps flashing (so is not sync'ing).

I have raised a ticket and I believe that the line is now going to be checked (I have done all the usual checks such as detaching all other phones / sky etc) without success.

Has anyone had a similar problem before and what was the solution?

Is anyone else experiencing this (especially in the York / Easingwold area)?

Many thanks

MrC Cheesy
10 REPLIES
N/A

Router not sync'ing

Have you tried any other hardware to check the router is not having problems itself?

If the router is new, have you tried updating the firmware. It sometimes sorts out all sorts of wonderful quirks.
N/A

r.e router not syncing

Sad
my netgear DG814 router has a similar issue. The idle timer is set to 20 minutes. Even if the link is not idle the router drops the connection every 20 mins then takes 1-2 mins to re-sync, with loads of timeouts on setting up the PPP/CHAP etc. If I reset the router it syncs straight away!

I swapped the router for a USB modem and it seems to work OK, but I also have the intermittent long latency issue mentioned in another item posted.
N/A

Router not sync'ing

Have you both updated the firmware of your routers? I would strongly recommend it. I too have a Netgear DG834G and the basics worked fine but it did sometimes dropout. It wasn't without teething problems.

There have been improvements to performance with each new firmware release.
N/A

Router not sync'ing

Has it always been this way?

Is the router on the Master BT socket? if not try testing from this point....

The line checks that will be done by BT will only check the connection upto the master socket.. so if the problems is down to internal wiring it will not pick this up... if a BT engineer is sent out and the problem relates to your internal wiring, hardware or filter issue.. you could be charged by BT.. thats not cheap! so strongly advise plugging router into the MS and test from their..

Thansk
N/A

Router not sync'ing

Hi

Many thanks for all the responses.

I have re-installed the router firmware plus tried the router in both sockets in the house with no other equipment connected. I have even tried using a modem lead straight to the socket.

An engineer is due to come round in the morning.

Both the internal sockets were fitted by BT engineer's 12 - 18 months ago. As there is no internal extension to the router (both the sockets come straight in through the wall as the engineer installed them) surely this is not my problem if it is faulty?

Cheers
Chris Cheesy
N/A

Router not sync'ing

Ooops Shockedops:

Forgot to say -

My router is a Solwise SAR130 . The last firmware upgrade for that router was released on 28/10/03 (referred to as 231003d) which is the same as is supplied on the CD with the router by Solwise.

The router is less than 2 months old and was supplied by Plus Net as part of my startup package.

Cheers

Chris
N/A

Re: r.e router not syncing

If I reset the router it syncs straight away!

The difference here is that mine doesn't sync / resync whatever I do!

Has it always been this way?

No just this last week.

Apart from it taking ages to get the original line activated (again a BT issue!), I have had a brilliant , fast , trouble free service since I joined a couple of months ago.

Chris
N/A

Router not sync'ing

Just for info -

The BT engineer came today.

My line is fine. The problem is the router.

PlusNet are arranging an RMA so that the faulty one can be returned for replacement.

See how things go from here on in....

Chris :lol:
N/A

Router not sync'ing

Lucky you didn't get charged by BT. Let us know what the fault report is. Never found out if you tried the latest firmware revision just out of interest, it is not always supplied (not usually in me experience).
N/A

Router not sync'ing

Hi Will

Unfortunately, there isn't any more up to date firmware as the router is already discontinued. I did check on the Solwise site.

The BT engineer was concerned how hot the router was running at too.

BT will be billing Plus Net from what I gather as they raised the issue with BT and the problem was the router they (Plus) supplied me.

I'm online with a USB modem currently and working fine until the new router is sent out.

Cheers

Chris