cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router loss of sync/ ADSL Dropping

N/A

Hi,

Today for no apparent reason my router lost sync (adsl light flashing) it seems to connect - get an ip address then drops after about 10 sec. Reading through other threads it sounds like i'm in for weeks of trying to get it sorted but wondered if anyone has any tips.

I use an external solwise router supplied by plus net. I updated the firmwear about 2 months ago.

No other phones,sky etc plugged in to any of the sockets in the house.

Tried plugging the router directly in (without splitter) but no change.

HELP !
6 REPLIES
N/A

Jut to update all, I found that my router would connect this mornining for up to 5 minutes. Then it dropped and went through the process of reconnecting. It has gradually declined so it now only stays connected for approx 14 seconds before dropping. I therefore don't think it's a sync issue but a disconnection one ! any advice anyone ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

see the service announcement BT is at it again, was in the same boat for 20 mins there plus DNS lookups are being tempramental at best as well.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Thanks for that, It's been going on for me since yesterday afternoon. 'Conincidentally' right since BT were in PN doing the load balancing work ! Thought I was the only person it was affecting.
Community Veteran

Do you get any noise on your normal phone line.

Pick up the phone and listen - hear any crackling?

Dial 1 and listen - hear any crackling?

If you do, go through BTs automated fault line test (dial 151 I think).

I had some days where I got consistant disconnects and found noise on my voice line. Did the BT faults line test and after about an hour the crackling went away.

If the above line test makes no difference and you still get crackling on the line report a voice line fault to BT. if you still get disconnects once the crackling has gone then raise a fault report with plusnut via contact us.
N/A

Thanks, I did these test but no line noise problems. All very frustrating, I'm hoping the BT hardware issue is the cause and they resolve it soon.... Just for info this is a sample of my routers alarm log:

09:16:35 2004 : MAJOR ALARM : DSL Interface Down
09:15:51 2004 : STATUS ALARM : PPP Interface Up : Interface - ppp-0
09:15:51 2004 : STATUS ALARM: PPP Authorization Successful : Interface - ppp-0
09:15:47 2004 : STATUS ALARM : ATM VC Up : Interface - aal5-0, PortId=7, Vpi=0, Vci=38
09:15:47 2004 : STATUS ALARM : ATM Interface Up : Interface - atm-0
09:15:47 2004 : STATUS ALARM : DSL Interface Up
09:15:34 2004 : WARNING : ATM VC Down : Interface - aal5-0, PortId=7, Vpi=0, Vci=38
09:15:34 2004 : WARNING : PPP Interface Down : Interface - ppp-0
09:15:34 2004 : MAJOR ALARM : ATM Interface Down : Interface - atm-0
09:15:34 2004 : MAJOR ALARM : DSL Interface Down
09:14:21 2004 : STATUS ALARM : PPP Interface Up : Interface - ppp-0
09:14:21 2004 : STATUS ALARM: PPP Authorization Successful : Interface - ppp-0
09:14:13 2004 : STATUS ALARM : ATM VC Up : Interface - aal5-0, PortId=7, Vpi=0, Vci=38
09:14:13 2004 : STATUS ALARM : ATM Interface Up : Interface - atm-0
09:14:13 2004 : STATUS ALARM : DSL Interface Up

As you can see it seems to come up ok, connect then drop. The time it's up was about 5 mins this morning but dropped to about 14 seconds since 10am. Sad
N/A

I lost connection today as well, not sure how many times as I was not at home.

The annoying thing is that everytime the connection is dropped I have to reboot and reconnect.