cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router check

N/A

Router check

I have a Belkin adsl router and would like to know if there is a command I can enter to find out what 'speed' it has connected to the plusnet network at. ie am I connecting at 2mbit.

Modems obviously show the connection speed and just wondered whether this applied to routers as well.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Router check

Have you tried performing a PN speed test?
Community Veteran

Router check

Just login to the routers web config screen and view the various pages. One of them should show you the physical connection speed for upstream and downstream.

upstream will always be 288Kbs
downstream will be 576Kbs (512K), 1152 (1Mb) and 2304Kbs (2Mb)
N/A

Router check

Sorry don't know what a PN test is!

Also, none of my pages show the physical connection speed but having surfed the web there are some hidden pages for the router which show SNR noise etc so maybe it will be included there...
Community Veteran

Router check

Click connection settings (on the left) then speed test.
N/A

Router check

Duh you mean PlusNet speed test....

excuse the stupidity.

Yeah I am having probs with that though. Slow speeds.
N/A

Router check

What speed are you recording? have you checked your ADSL wiring setup against the tutorial?
Community Veteran

Router check

And have you read the MTU tweak thread.
N/A

Router check

I generally record speed between 700-900 kbps. I have attached below another post detailing my issue.

I need some help with a recent regrade.

I have been told by plus net that I have been regraded but my speeds have not improved. In fact the speeds have been erratic to say the least on the speedtester and I am recording speeds well below a 1mb connection.

The reason for this could potentially be my home wiring. Prior to yesterday I had to use extension cable to plug my modem into the master socket. However, I got an electrician to fit me an additional point. He did say that he changed the configuration in the master from loop to star (or the other way round not too sure) and I just wonder whether or not he has caused this problem or if its just an issue with the 2mb lines at this minute.

I previously had a wireless connection (but didnt like it) that ran off a separate extension from the master point and suffered no speed loss on my 1mb connection.

Can anyone offer me some advice? I will try and plug directly into the master socket later today but am rather confused and stumped at this minute..

Thanks,
N/A

Router check

Havent tweaked MTU yet. Its set at 1454 default in router.

I must mention that I had no probs with 1mbit connection. Fine dld speeds.