cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router advice please

kesimmonds
Dabbler

Router advice please

Suggestions for a simple, easy to use & set up router please. Prefer wired rather than wireless. Maximum of 3 PC's to be connected.
Windows XP if that makes any difference.

Keith
5 REPLIES
N/A

Router advice please

Hi.
Netgear owners say Dlink is rubbish, Dlink owners say netgear is rubbish and so on and so on Cheesy
IMHO they're all much of a muchness. Reckon the best way is to decide how much you want to spend and see what you like the look of best.
I can never decide for myself so I've always used cheapo stuff from autdirect.
Apart from that I've had no luck with a Safecom router and I had a Alcatel based one I didn't like.
The conexant based router I have now wasn't very intuitive to set up although an earlier one was simple.
Dlink are straightforward.
That's all I know. Not much help I'm afraid.
Cheers
Jon
( some routers are supposed to handle poor adsl signals better than others so if you're on a long line might be worth looking at them )
N/A

Router advice please

My Dlink (a 604GT) is now stable and rock solid but had to upgrade to the Australian firmware to get it that way.

Dlink have basically no UK support any more and firmware updates for their kit tends to be non UK which just happens to work here.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Router advice please

My Netgear is rock solid.
My son's Zyxel was very easy to set up worked straight out of the box and is rock solid.

You pays your money .....

Cheers
Bill
kesimmonds
Dabbler

Router advice please

OK, thanks guys. I guess I'll avoid Dlink :?
N/A

Router advice please

I've had 2 Dlink routers and have just bought a Netgear. In my opinion the Netgear is so much better. Every time I had to change settings on the Dlink routers I had to reboot them, I don't have to on the Netgear, plus my connection is more stable. Each day my connection dropped with the Dlink where as the connection has not dropped with the Netgear (only when I have dropped it myself).

Richard