cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Stats

N/A

Router Stats

Hi, i have a belkin adsl modem wireless g router and i was just wondering if these stats from my router are ok?? Does anything seem out of line?? I am quite sure that they are ok for 8mb, but just wanted you guys opinion to see if they are good enough, and if not what i can do to improve the performance. Thanks.

Linky to picture

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Changed image to URL as it was stretching the page.]
4 REPLIES
cranwin
Dabbler

Router Stats

I'm no expert but from your line rates it does not look like you are on 8MB looks like you are on fixed 2Mb....

can anyone else comment?
Community Veteran

Router Stats

Yep, not on max yet, still on IPstream home or office 2000.

As for what speed you could get, they are good enough for the full 8Mbs so requesting a Max upgrade should get you a much faster connection. Lets just hope the exchange thinks so too.

There is nothing you can do with the present connection to get faster speeds as you already have the max ipstream home/office supports (2mbs). Your only option is a Max upgrade.

But be aware, even though you may sync at 8Mbs, your actuall throughput or speed increase may be affected by contention and PNs traffic management policies which are pretty dire at the moment - just see all the speed complaint threads.
N/A

Router Stats

yeah *sigh* i did request an upgrade like a few months ago, and again recently..but no reply from plusnet =S but thanks for your replies.
Community Veteran

Router Stats

In which case you should have had it done by now as I'm not aware of any delays for Max upgrades now.

If you can post a ticket number where you requested it I'll get comms to have a look to see why it has not happened yet - unless a comms agent sees this in the meantime.