cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Not Syncing

N/A

Router Not Syncing

Hi, over the last week my router has been losing sync, usually in the morning, it's fine most night. It will keep trying to sync for a few hours and eventually connect. Then it will loose sync again (within minutes) or it will stay connected for hours.
My line stats are
Us Rate (Kbps) 288
Ds Rate (Kbps) 2272
US Margin 28
DS Margin 16
Trained Modulation GDMT
DS Line Attenuation 40
US Line Attenuation 22

The DS margin used to stay at 25 but over the last few weeks it has been getting lower and now dropping to as low as 3. I have phoned BT and they have said there is no problem with the line.
I have tried a different router, micro filter and plugged the router directly into the phone line but this didn't help.
Could this be because of MaxDSL, the speed doesn't sync any faster than 2mb.

Any ideas on what could be causing the disconnects.
Thanks
2 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Router Not Syncing

You don't appear to have been put on MaxDSL yet-- your router synch speeds would be higher even if speed tests were still the same as usual
holdtight
Grafter

Router Not Syncing

Agreed no maxdsl for you yet, i know what BT have said but you could try checking your exchange status here just to see if there are any ongoing issues or maintainance going on that would cause the loss of synch

The left hand of BT never knows what the right hand is doing and just because they say theres no problem it doesnt always follow that this is the case