cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Wire

N/A

Ring Wire

Has anyone had any problems with this, I have just removed the ring wire from the master socket to another bt extension box and whilst SNR has increased from 5-6db to around 10-12db the following problems now have to be dealt with.

Line mode G.dmt Line state Show Time
Line up time 0:00:26:35 System up time 0:00:32:19
Downstream speed 8128 Kbps Upstream speed 448 Kbps
Downstream latency Interleave Upstream latency Interleave
Trellis coding Enabled Loss of signal 0
Line attenuation 0 dB Loss of frame 0
Noise margin 10 dB CRC error 8095
Line up count 2 Total error duration 1788 seconds

CRC errors and speed have gone worse, mutltiple speed test show max speed of 400kb this is testing from extension and from the master socket.

Anyone got any ideas
5 REPLIES
N/A

Ring Wire

get rid of the ring wire all together. Full details

http://yarwell.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_yarwell_archive.html
N/A

Ring Wire

Yep thats what I have done and speeds have dropped to 400kb and a major increase in crc errors.

Ow well will have to put it back and try something else.
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

Ring Wire

I couldnt connect at all till i removed this as soon as i did connected stright away and i havent had a loss of connection yet been solid of a good few months. Cool
N/A

Ring Wire

that is really strange. You have 0db loop loss but so little SnR to play with. That is very noisy, assuming your line is almost zero length. Do you know how far from the exchange you are? :shock:

I don't know if you've perhaps already tried it, but have you tried plugging the router into the test socket (revealed when you remove the lower front panel off the master)? Make sure you are removing your extensions

The only other thing I can think of is... you're too close to the exchange :lol:
shellsong
Grafter

Ring Wire

Looks like you're plugging straight into the DSLAM at the exchange-- could your router/modem be lying? That attenuation figure looks impossible