cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert to 56K modem?

basils57
Dabbler

Revert to 56K modem?

I'm a new poster and probably one of the many who is totally ****** off with this situation.
Before all of this hit the fan I complained about slow speeds to plus net(ticket).
I have just done a test which returned;
46Kbps (5.8KB/sec) upstream and
228Kbps (28.5KB/sec) downstream.
Not sure what it should be, but I am regretting coming to Plusnet!
Surely life has got to be better than this??
Any advice, or is this how it is?
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Revert to 56K modem?

Your not the only one I am getting

Downstream 305 Kbps (38.1 KB/sec) 350 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 63 Kbps (7.9 KB/sec) 72 Kbps (inc. overheads)

I went away for the weekend with all these problems and still they are about. This has been 4 days with out any service worth talkin about, that with the intermittant times its been p][ss poor or unable to connect makes over a weeks worth of loss of service. So time for compo once its all workin I think.
N/A

Hopefully, Plus.Net will learn from their mistakes, thats why I'm willing to stick with them a little longer, rather than join another company doing the same mistakes.

> I'm a new poster and probably one of the many who is totally ****** off with this situation.
> Before all of this hit the fan I complained about slow speeds to plus net(ticket).
> I have just done a test which returned;
> 46Kbps (5.8KB/sec) upstream and
> 228Kbps (28.5KB/sec) downstream.
> Not sure what it should be, but I am regretting coming to Plusnet!
> Surely life has got to be better than this??
> Any advice, or is this how it is?

N/A

Over the past few days , i have conducted bandwith tests, and i am recieving on average 40 kbps, is there a reason for this, when im downloading files i am getting 3-4kbps, this is less than what you would get a 56k modem connection, if this is not resolved i will cancel the service and def not recommend this service to anyone as i am very unhappy and frustrated with this product.

--