cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrictions?

N/A

Restrictions?

Hi,

I am with the PlusNet Home Surf package for 18.99 a month. Just wondering are thier any resrictions with this service such as the ammount of availaiable bandwidth passing through etc? If there are any, I would appreciate if you could let me know. Thanks in advance. Tongue
9 REPLIES
N/A

Restrictions?

Think the only restrictions are is "p2p software" could be wrong though.

Cheers Wink
Community Veteran

Restrictions?

No surfing restrictions at all with the package.
Only with traffic to and from your webspace if you have a website on there.
This is 250meg per day which is plentyful.
craigbrass
Grafter

Restrictions?

About a month back I seen somthing in the KaZaA lite forum about getting around restrictions on ISP's that stop you from using peer to peer software. I had a look today and It looks like they have deleted all old topics. If I see it again, I will tell you guys.
N/A

Restrictions?

Such posts would be removed.

This would be classed as stealing service from +Net and circumventing restrictions.
N/A

Restrictions?

All P2P software use specific ports or port ranges. A gather these are blocked when you are on the Home Surf package.
There is no way around a "blocked" port. There have been suggestions that port 80 could be used.... but god help you if you do (you might as well send out a broadcast saying "come into my machine")
Community Veteran

Restrictions?

Yes these are blocked on home surf, if you did get round it using another port then you would be in breech of the T+Cs.

Chris
N/A

Restrictions?

What actual ports/software are blocked? I'm having no luck getting MSN Messager phone calls, or Callserve Internet Phone software, to work. - even though my router supports UPnP. Could PlusNet be blocking them?
jberry
Grafter

Restrictions?

Hi there,

I can't give you a full list of the ports but if you ask with specific port numbers I can tell you if they are blocked or not. This would not, however, cause all of the problems that you have stated - MSN for example is definately not blocked.

Regards,
N/A

Restrictions?

Callserve Internet Phone uses 6801/6802. Are those blocked?

However, as you say that MSN "Phone Calls" should work, I guess the problem must lie with my Router or PC configuration. :-(

I've raised a support request with CallServe to see if they have any suggestions.