cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution of disconnection problems

N/A

Hi there,

I've had a long running problem with frequent disconnections and yesterday had a visit from a BT engineer who has manged to solve the problem.

In the hope that people in the same boat might get some benefit from my experience, I've posted the story, to it's happy conclusion, on a website here.

Much kudos to the guys at Plusnet for continuing to push this through the usual l-o-n-g drawn out procedures, which I can appreciate must help in some way Tongue

If this helps any other sufferers out there get a resolution, then it's been a worthwhile exercise.

Cheers, and best of luck.

Brian
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You had already posted the above on the end of the other thread about "how many are getting disconnections" so I have left your new posting here and removed the other one.

Please dont post the same thing in different threads as it only causes confusion to yourself and others reading the forums when you get disjointed replies.

But congratulations in hopefully getting to the bottom of the problem Wink
N/A

Sorry about that,

Got a bit trigger happy in all the excitment.
N/A

I was confused! I've been posting responses!
N/A

You had already posted the above on the end of the other thread about "how many are getting disconnections" so I have left your new posting here and removed the other one.

Actually, I'm confused now....

I was finishing off on one thread and people had replied to this, and thought I'd start a new thread about getting my problems fixed, so that others could see that too.

Not sure what I did wrong there.... :?
Community Veteran

Graham
See my PM to you.

This just illustrates quite nicely the results of "Cross Posting"
Community Veteran

Not sure what I did wrong there.... :?

Basically you started a new post on exactly the same thing as your reply to the other thread.
As you can see you get people replying to both and it causes confusion when you get replies spead around the forums to the same topic.

Cross posting as its called is not allowed on the forums and it was a tossup which of your postings to remove Cry

I thought that it would be neater and get you a wider audience if I left your new one.
N/A

Sorry...

Basically you started a new post on exactly the same thing as your reply to the other thread

Point taken. Humble apologies.

Going off now to listen to Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy with my super stable connection, secure in the knowledge I'm not going to get cut off five minutes into it.
Community Veteran

Don't worry about it. I know that it was done with good intentions Smiley

Hope you enjoy "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" with no disconnections
N/A

Congrats delphwynd Smiley :thumbs:
N/A

The BT engineer will have fitted an RF3 filter, which is a radio frequency filter.