Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Interleaving

pepsi_max2k
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

How long does this normally take?

I raised a question to have it removed last Wednesday, was told Thursday that an order had been placed to remove it and this would be completed on Friday. Now Monday evening and after a number of re-syncs it still seems to be applied (same lower pings to servers, same problems refreshing lists of game servers, still reported as Interleaved by modem...).

Just wondering if I just need to wait a while longer or if I should add a reply to the question and have em try again.
26 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Removing Interleaving

Hi,

Normally the actual order is completed within 2 working days, but it can sometimes take a week to take effect. We have though seen a few where the change doesn't seem to actually be applied even when the order shows it has.

I'd say give it a couple more days, resync it once a day and it still hasn't taken effect raise another ticket and we can look into it for you.
medea
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

Dave
Interested in your reply about removing interleaving.
I have checked my router which indicates interleaving in on; I have a good stable MaxDSL connection (7000Kbps) but have been having a lot of problems with the stability and performance of my Plustalk VoIP connection. Is it likely that switcing off interleaving would help?
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

Now thursday afternoon and it still looks like it's interleaved (modem reports same thing, game server pings still poor...). I've added a reply to ticket 21143689 for someone to have another go removing it Cool
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

Interleaving is switched off as this has been confirmed by checking your current service status.

This is likely to be your router reporting this incorrectly.

surprise surprise. i had a feeling after reading comments about interleaving on the forums, most / all ending in "...they say it's the router reporting incorrectly..." that the same would happen to me.

router correctly reported FAST mode while on IPStream Home 2000, correctly changed to Interleaved when moved to IPStream Max, and I dare say it'll correctly report FAST again when Interleaving's stopped.

As for pings - the All-Seeing Eye game server browser was functioning correctly on FAST mode. since interleaved, pinging servers times out around 95% of the time, and when it works it usually only brings up a small percentage of servers actually available. Gamespy pings vary, generally seem slower than FAST mode but still work most of the time. In-game pings also seem lower, but not by much.

Web pings seem a little high too, traceroute shows >40ms to PN gateways and >50ms to destination. I can't really say how abnormal this is cos I never tried on FAST mode, but I've read on these forums that ~50ms was slow and typical of Interleaved mode.

Now please, can someone get Interleaving stopped without me having to resort to James Bailey. Again. :roll:

( 21143689 if you happen to be reading this, mr bailey Cheesy )
hitachi
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

Do you have any router stats? AFAIK if any fec errors are shown then interleaving is on,if there are none it does not mean interleaving is off just that there are no errrors.
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

FEC errors are shown, up from last time I checked too. I've now tried two seperate modems and both report the same thing. I'm gonna add some screenshots to the ticket of stats / pings in a few minutes to see if they'll eventually believe me...
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

Interleaving is *still* being applied. 14 days and six replies later, and having been told that "Last delta shows interleaving on 1/2/07 can this be looked into", no one seems to be doing anything.

Is there anyone from PN here who can do something about this? It's ticket 21143689.

And fwiw, here's the screenshot I added to the ticket last week, showing two seperate modems reporting interleaved mode and various other things that may or may not be of any use...

sam
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

Hi yorkfriend

This has been reported to the head of our Broadband Operations team, who has passed this to our account team in BT.

I will update the ticket and I will let you know as soon as they get back to us. I dont know how long this will take, but I will take personal control of your ticket until this has been resolved.
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

thanks sam, am i ever glad they moved you to comms Cheesy
sam
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

Cheesy

Ow shucks, thanks.

I will let you know as soon as we get any new information
sam
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

Hi Yorkfriend,

Interleaving should now have been removed.

Please check and confirm and let me know if there are still problems.
N/A

Removing Interleaving

Hi Yorkfriend
I'm having the same trouble as you trying to get interleaving turned off. After various messages, PN requested to have interleaving turned off for the second time on 7th Feb. They told me to wait 48hrs which expires at 1:30pm. At the moment interleaving is still on.
My stats are similar to yours except my sync speed is 2000-4000kbps. However IP Profile is more often than not 1500kbps so my download speeds are somewhat less than this.
I have a consistent Attenuation of 39dB but SNR varies from 10dB to 25dB depending largely on sync speed.
Before interleaving was turned on, I used to sync at 4800-5000kbps. Hence the desire to have interleaving turned off.
I would be interested to learn what happens if and when you get interleaving turned off.
Fred
sam
Grafter

Removing Interleaving

Hi Fred,

I have looked at your account and the modify order placed to remove interleaving has completed and a reboot should confirm this, (I don't know if you have already rebooted, sorry if this has been done).

Drop me a line if interleaving is still being applied and I will pass it on to our Broadband team to raise with BT.
AndyBot
Dabbler

Removing Interleaving

In my case 3 weeks and 5 attempts and 3 assurances it had been removed when it hadn't by both PNet & BTw neither of whom were covered in "glory" !

I at least now have a reasonably solid 2Mb FAST connection insofar as it immediately reconnects when the line rarely drops.

It wouldn't be so infuriating if I hadn't enjoyed a rock solid 4.6Mbps connection for 5 months until BT / PNet turned on the dreaded interleaving without being asked.

At which point my nice rock solid 4.6 MBps link dropped every 2 - 10 minutes any & every time of day, wouldn't reconnect for the most part and when it did was anywhere between 160KBps and 3Mbps - but mostly <= 1100 Kbps.

The good news is that BT managed to get their bums to my house and fixed TWO physical line faults in the street they had been denying existed for over 2 years.

Conclusion, BT Retail / BT Wholesale are pretty incompetent which does not bode well as they've just bought PNet. Oh yeah, BTW I've friends old schoolchums and ex colleagues at BT Global Services BTw/21CN and so a bit of insider info.