cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Connection Problem

N/A

Remote Connection Problem

Tech support noticed this morning that when I try and ping my IP address from my office I get the following response.....

Reply from 195.166.129.22: TTL expired in transit.

Tracing route to pth-gw0.telehouse.core.plus.net [195.166.129.22]

Doing a tracert on this address reveals that this is...
pth-gw0.telehouse.core.plus.net [195.166.129.22]

Can you adivse whether this TTL expired message is an error / problem or something else. It is stopping me from remote connecting to my adsl connection (server)
4 REPLIES
fonejacker
Grafter

RE: Remote Connection Problem

Hi Graham,

This error normally indicates that your ADSL is offline. Try tracing to the next IP up from you and it shows that routing is configured correctly...

Do you have any way to check if the remote side is 'actually' connected (Our records cannot be trusted due to the way BT manage the ADSL network)?

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

> Hi Graham,
>
> This error normally indicates that your ADSL is offline. Try tracing to the next IP up from you and it shows that routing is configured correctly...
>
> Do you have any way to check if the remote side is 'actually' connected (Our records cannot be trusted due to the way BT manage the ADSL network)?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support

Hmm well I was surfing this morning before I came into work? I can't confirm whether or not its still physically on, although my router should reconnect automatically for example after a powercut. I did however install windows server 2003 on my network lastnight - may have had an effect. Not to worry if everythings ok from your end - thats kewl
fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Graham,

I just had another look, and Radius is now showing that your connection was closed at 07:09 (21/Apr/2003). I'm not sure whether it is ture, but it will interesting to see if your router logs match this.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

> Hi Graham,
>
> I just had another look, and Radius is now showing that your connection was closed at 07:09 (21/Apr/2003). I'm not sure whether it is ture, but it will interesting to see if your router logs match this.
>
> With Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support

That is weird as thats the time I left for work! (I was still browsing the web up until about 7am) - will check the router logs when I get home!