cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular connection dropping

Community Veteran

The level 3 work should have no effect on your physical connection. It only impacts routing to get to sites. While the work is in progress, there may be delays or timeouts accessing websites but it should not cause your connection to drop.
41 REPLIES
N/A

Is the current maintenance (Planned Maintenance: Planned Maintenance - Level 3 Routing) the reason why my connection drops for a short time on a regular basis? Hope so if not i may need to re-install Solwise firmware again, been having problems for the last few months now, never had it for first 9 months of my subscription
N/A

tell me about it taz, same here mate its a pain in the arse. think its something to do with solwise router (sar 110) not being compatible with some new BT routers , hope they fix it soon cos i am getting pissed off and posting on solwise forum askign for a response results in jack shit :/

[Moderator's note (by Chris P.): Removed disguised swearing]
N/A

I'm also getting loads of drops - and have also got a Sar 110. Upgrading the firmware doesn't seem to have helped, I'm afraid to say.
N/A

Well at least im not the only one with problems, if it keeps up i might just have to buy another router! (i also have a SAR110) Was up to 4am this morning trying to re-install firmware. router went t**s up on me and i had to call helpline today!

Cant play online gaming till this is sorted out! Sad
N/A

yes i upgraded to newest firmware after it first started and that didnt do anything, ive heard stealthing the router suspodly makes it better i might give it a try. i'd hate to have to buy a new router cos i like the sar 110 and its features but at this rate i might have to because i cant keep putting up with it dropping about 3-8 times per day for the last 2 or so months (ive also noticed mine seems to do it most during the morning)

if it is a incompatability issue with BT's routing equipment why dont they fucking fix it and put it back to how it was a few months back, like i said for over a year i had no problems until then.

[Moderator's note (by Chris P.): Removed disguised swearing]
N/A

if it is a incompatability issue with BT's routing equipment why dont they [censored] fix it and put it back to how it was a few months back, like i said for over a year i had no problems until then.

I am going to try and stealth the router too, they really are risking losing business though and i was more than happy with Plusnet until the last few months
Community Veteran

Other ISPs are having exactly the same issue. It is not Plusnets fault but a compatibility problem between BT's equipment and some router manufacturers.
N/A

Well you know that, i now know that, but it still does not stop others trying for a better connection elsewhere. Have Plusnet issued a statement on this issue?
Community Veteran

Not PlusNet but it is a generally known problem - see the following ADSLguide news item:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=1312
N/A

Cheers mate
N/A

yep like peter says this is by no means plusnets fault - plusnet are an excellent isp, i know full well who the fault lies with - BT who are completely useless. However as i dont seem to get any feedback from solwise regarding the matter (ive tried yet again the other day) would it not be possible for plusnet to ask them (solwise) if they have any ETA on a new firmware incorpating a fix as they are much larger than little me Smiley cos its been driving for nuts for months!
N/A

I doubt getting PlusNet to ask will help either.

I made my last ever purchase from Solwise months ago. Products lack support and questions remain unanswered.
N/A

I have since stealthed the router and problem persists lads, contacted Plusnet and their help is ongoing.

whats the chances of me sending the router back for a full refund bought 12months ago Cheesy

Anyone got any recconmendations on a replacement? As i have had enough of this
N/A

dropping connection

I have a belkin54g router and have also been getting regular loss of service (light goes out on modem), compounded by other problems with portal and mail last couple of weeks have been trying.
i posted ticket this am which has not been actioned yet.

Last time I had persistent problems it turned out to be exchange upgrade program although a lot of time was wasted finding out.

I too am suspicious of where the fault lies ( BT?) - I have had no problem for months and months ( although I have only had router for 3 weeks PCI b4 that).

ps. i am in poulton-le-fylde, lancs where there are no reported problems to my knowledge