cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regrade to BT IPStream Max - Nothing but problems

N/A

I have had nothing but trouble since my line was regraded to what (according to my router) appears to be a 4Mb connection.

Speed test results indicate that I was consistenly getting 900K+ during peak hours with a 2Mb line however since the regrade I have seen this drop as low as 87k and achieve no more than 444k max!!

I have started the PlusNet Fault Test and the BT tests it insists I carry out keep failing with a 'System is currently busy' error.

Have anyone else experienced these kind of problems following a regrade? How did you resolve it?

I would call the Plusnet support line but it is always engaged!!!

I am beginning to lose my patience....
6 REPLIES
the_norris
Grafter

Hi

I did have the same problem. It does take 2-3 days for the BT Equip in the exchange to learn about your line.

day 1 for me was - sync:6000kbps max downlaod 2mbps if I was lucky speeds was all over the place.
Day 2 - sync:6000kbps max download around 3mbps now - hitting a 60% of the time now with the rest been 2-3mbps.

Day3 - sync:6000kps max downlaod 4.4mbps - line very stable now. hiting this 95% of the time.

I hope this helps.

Phil
Community Veteran

dudani, when were you actually upgraded?

As Phil states above, it can take 3 days before your upstream speed is detected properly and the higher speeds allowed. This is a due to a BT bug in detecting a change in upstream sync speeds and during this period, speeds can be erratic and you just have to live with it until the exchange really detects your new speed.

DIsconnecting / reconnecting makes no difference and there is nothing PN can do until BT detect the speed change. Even when this happens, speeds can still be variable until the full 10 days of testing on the line is completed and your MSR (Maximum Stable Rate) for the line is determined.
N/A

Thanks for your feedback.

I received an e-mail from PN on Tuesday 18th April confirming the regrade was complete so based on your comments I should give it until the 28th for the line to stabalise and then retest.

I tested again today and I am still not getting any more than 500kps. Incidentally when I use the URL https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate to determine my stable rate I get:

'Your current broadband speed is 1000'.

Once BT have determined the optimum speed for my line should I expect this figure to change?
Community Veteran

Yes. Until PN are told what your MSR is, that page will just show the ,max speed you used to hace before upgrading to MaxDSL.
JJ
Grafter

Peter

Is the ‘Your current broad band speed is…….” Just a note or does it have any controlling function

JohnH
Community Veteran

It's just for information. You cannot change it.