cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regrade results in toal loss of service

tigercub
Dabbler

My regrade from 512k to 2Mb went through last Wednesday and I was overjoyed at the speed increase. My joy was shortlived though as the connection dropped the following morning and since then I've had nothing Sad Can connect to BT's startup_domain but nowhere else - and even that only reports 576K connection now.
I raised a ticket on Thursday eve but still waiting for a fault to be submitted to BT by Plusnet tomorrow (Monday).
Worried that one of the support guys warned me that BT promise to investigate within 36 hrs of the call being submitted but can take around a week to fix!
Can anyone tell me where I stand should this happen? Can I claim compensation from BT via Plusnet if a fault at the exchange is found (which seems likely)? As I can't contact BT directly I'm not going to be pleased if I end up paying at the increased 2Mb premier rate for the first week when I'm currently paying for a dial-up connection.
Anyone have experience of similar situations please?
5 REPLIES
lowry
Grafter

I understand your frustration here. The problem is that BT Wholesale don't offer compensation for screw-ups like this unfortunately. This means you'll have to grin and bear it I'm afraid. It looks like the regrade was done incorrectly or something at the exchange has gone faulty.

matt Wink
N/A

Yup. Unfortunatly, due to the nature of the way ADSL works, no SLA (Service Level Agreement) is offered, and as such, no compensation given.

You should be slightly more pleased to know that 2Mb users (current 2Mb users use the Office 2000 product) get a slightly higher priority over Home 500 & 1000 users, when it comes to BT investigating the fault.
tigercub
Dabbler

Thanks for the good and bad news!
Unfortunately, it's getting the fault reported to BT in the first place that is causing me concern. Just spoken to CS again (since no update on my ticket today) to be told that there is a large backlog of faults and they can't say when they'll get round to reporting this to BT for me!!
If I could only report this myself. 5th day without a connection now and not very impressed with the legendary excellent Customer Service I understood existed here. Sad
N/A

Indeed. Unfortunatly, because of the way ADSL is provided, PlusNet are BT's customer, and you PlusNets customer. So your only point of call is PlusNet.

I am not too surprised at the fact there is a backlog though. Since Sept 6th, the new limits has caused a lot more fault reports, and the best you can do is ride it out.

Forgot to mention, whilst there is no SLA from BT, thus no gurentee of repair or compensation, Plusnet will refund you for your days without service (will be in the form of adjusting your billing data. IE, 10 days without service, billing date moved forward 10 days).
tigercub
Dabbler

Fair enough. Pleased to hear that PlusNet won't be charging me at the new rate yet at least then.
If I hadn't had a brief taste of 2Mb and how quick it is I wouldn't be so impatient now. It's been a long while since I've had to suffer 56k and I'd forgotten how slooooow it can be.