cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund on plusnet account (4mbit getting 2mbit)

Gibble
Grafter

I have seen on the forums and in a statement released by plusnet that there will be a refund for users on the 4mbit or 8mbit services and only getitng 2mbit or less.

I don't actually know how to go about this, have posted this before but not in a dedicated thread and sadly it did not get answered.

Please could someone inform me on the details

Thank You
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

As far as I know you will only get a refund if:

1) Your line can't support > 2Mbs speeds (up to 4Mbs product) or > 4Mbs speeds (up to 8Mbs product) when upgraded to MaxDSL.
2) You have not used more than the SUP/Traffic limits for a 2Mbs account (for up to 4Mbs prroducts) or more than the limits for a 4Mbs account (for up to 8Mbs products). In other words you needed to have stayed below the SUP/traffic limits for the up to 2Mbs / 4Mbs product during the whole of the time you were on the upto 4/8Mbs products.

If you get faster that 2Mbs / 4Mbs (depending on your current product) or have used > than the limits for the up to 2Mbs / 4Mbs product then no refund is likely to be offered.

Also you can't apply for it, PN will refund you once they have upgraded your line to MaxDSL and found out if > 2Mbs / > 4Mbs speeds are not possible.

Details here.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

And the really bad news is that if you are on 2MB now with MaxDSL you are almost certain to get well over 4Mb (I may even get that and I'm only on 1Mb)