cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Letter Day

Grimbo
Grafter
Posts: 397
Registered: 23-05-2007

Red Letter Day

Yesterday (Saturday) was a red letter day for ADSL via plusnet.

I experienced the highest ping rates since the farcical situation in March/April.

I took screenshots showing a game with about ten people playing, the average ping rate was about 45 and mine? Mine was 977, about 20 times slower than everyone else.

There were people there with BT ADSL, cable (NTL and Telewest) and a couple of foreigners, a broad range of connections. Plusnet are the only ISP at the moment with these problems so I don't know why people accept their excuses of blaming BT!
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Red Letter Day

> Yesterday (Saturday) was a red letter day for ADSL via plusnet.
>
> I experienced the highest ping rates since the farcical situation in March/April.
>
> I took screenshots showing a game with about ten people playing, the average ping rate was about 45 and mine? Mine was 977, about 20 times slower than everyone else.
>
> There were people there with BT ADSL, cable (NTL and Telewest) and a couple of foreigners, a broad range of connections. Plusnet are the only ISP at the moment with these problems so I don't know why people accept their excuses of blaming BT!


Hi,

The recent issues of speeds on ADSL have been well documented. We are not trying to make excuses for the problems, simply to provide explanations. The main problem is that the hardware supplied by BT is not performing as specified and the investigations into the cause of this are still ongoing.

The new 155mb pipe is due to be installed shortly (before the end of this month) and this will alleviate the present problems. Your patience is appreciated during this time, the problem is of great importance to us and we are doing everything we can to ensure quality of service for our customers.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------


phobox
Grafter
Posts: 39
Registered: 31-07-2007

RE: Red Letter Day

> Yesterday (Saturday) was a red letter day for ADSL via plusnet.
>
> I experienced the highest ping rates since the farcical situation in March/April.
>
> I took screenshots showing a game with about ten people playing, the average ping rate was about 45 and mine? Mine was 977, about 20 times slower than everyone else.
>
> There were people there with BT ADSL, cable (NTL and Telewest) and a couple of foreigners, a broad range of connections. Plusnet are the only ISP at the moment with these problems so I don't know why people accept their excuses of blaming BT!

Hi

I would have to agree that the ADSL service has been unacceptable a little too often recently. Right now for example I simply cannot use my connection - its so slow in fact that an old 28.8 modem is outperforming it. I will hold out until the new pipe is installed - which I am hoping will not be long. If that solves the problem, then great. If not, then I will consider my options further which may or may not include cancelling my current Plusnet contract.

Plusnet please note that I do realise this is not your fault and is down to BT's hardware, which is why I am willing to wait until the new pipe is installed and working ok. I will only consider cancelling my contract as an absolute last resort, because I still beleive that Plusnet is the best UK ISP available.

Fingers crossed that the new pipe solves these problems!
N/A

RE: Red Letter Day

> I would have to agree that the ADSL service has been unacceptable a little too often recently. Right now for example I simply cannot use my connection - its so slow in fact that an old 28.8 modem is outperforming it. I will hold out until the new pipe is installed - which I am hoping will not be long. If that solves the problem, then great. If not, then I will consider my options further which may or may not include cancelling my current Plusnet contract.
>
> Plusnet please note that I do realise this is not your fault and is down to BT's hardware, which is why I am willing to wait until the new pipe is installed and working ok. I will only consider cancelling my contract as an absolute last resort, because I still beleive that Plusnet is the best UK ISP available.
>
> Fingers crossed that the new pipe solves these problems!

Hi,

Thanks for that. You put your point across well and your comments are very much appreciated.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
Grimbo
Grafter
Posts: 397
Registered: 23-05-2007

RE: Red Letter Day

> I would have to agree that the ADSL service has been unacceptable a little too often recently.

RecentlyHuh Rob, were you not around in March/April this year! This is the second time in the space of six months when Plusnet has creaked under the pressure.

Last time their excuse was that there had been an unprecidented number of take ups for their self-install ADSL, now it is that BTs kit isn't up to the job.

What will be the excuse in six months time when it crumbles again.
N/A

RE: Red Letter Day

> Last time their excuse was that there had been an unprecidented number of take ups for their self-install ADSL, now it is that BTs kit isn't up to the job.
>
> What will be the excuse in six months time when it crumbles again.


Hi,

As far as our customers are concerned, they have bought a service with us and it is not working as well as it should. It is common sense that they will see this as our problem to resolve.

The difference with PlusNet is that we are willing to give you a valid reason why we are having the problems. If this was entirely our error, we would openly admit this. We're not trying to pass blame. We are attempting to keep customers in the picture so they know what is happening with the service.

We could go down the route of saying, "Sorry about the problems, we'll fix it soon." I doubt this would be enough for PlusNet customers and the level of information and honesty they have come to expect.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
phobox
Grafter
Posts: 39
Registered: 31-07-2007

RE: Red Letter Day


> Hi,
>
> As far as our customers are concerned, they have bought a service with us and it is not working as well as it should. It is common sense that they will see this as our problem to resolve.
>
> The difference with PlusNet is that we are willing to give you a valid reason why we are having the problems. If this was entirely our error, we would openly admit this. We're not trying to pass blame. We are attempting to keep customers in the picture so they know what is happening with the service.
>
> We could go down the route of saying, "Sorry about the problems, we'll fix it soon." I doubt this would be enough for PlusNet customers and the level of information and honesty they have come to expect.

Hi,

This is one of the reasons I still think, despite the problems, that PlusNet is the best UK ISP. Unlike most other ISP's, PlusNet will openly tell you what the problem is and whether they can fix it or not. I have already recommended PlusNet's ADSL service to a number of friends, because I for one beleive their service cannot be matched. I wasnt around in March/April because my ADSL installation was only completed last month, which is why I didnt comment on the situation in March/April in my last post.

Rob.