cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record for LONGEST migration

N/A

Just wondering who has the record for the longest wait to migrate from another ISP, in my case it's with B.T and so far have been waiting now for 37 day's :shock: and STILL waiting.....:shock: :shock:

Anyone else waited longer...??

Andy...

[Moderators note (by Thomas): You may be shocked, but you don't need that many smileys!]
9 REPLIES
N/A

Oooh... I can beat that no problem...

I migrated a client from BT Openworld to Plus Net... we started in Dec 2002 and completed migration in June 2003... it took 4 seperate attempts from scratch....

And each time was a mistake by... BT Openwoe.. or BT Wholesale... it was CRAZY... and I lost count of the dozens of calls I made to chase...

Good luck...
N/A

Yay the return of excessive smileys!
N/A

Shockedops: sorry, got a little carried away...

Andy...(STILL waiting)....
Community Veteran

Shockedops: sorry, got a little carried away...

No problem. Smiley

Btw, don't mind eurotrain4, I think his signature explains all. Wink

Thomas
N/A

Late Migration

Evil
I have been waiting for a month and half to migrate from BT but BT keep losing the paperwork.

And BT wonder why people are migrating away from them. (also told by BT Openworld that no ISP will give out a static I.P.)
N/A

migration

Evil

well I am still waiting today was supposed to be the day for the big change. Guess what BT have cut me off and PlusNet still dont know what is happening I have been told that they have to get in touch with BT after 2 months they have had plenty of time to talk to BT.

So no broadband at home will I have to wait another 2 months

Evil
keithcalder
Grafter

oh no, I hope this doesnt happen alot. I am moving in around 2 weeks and I am not having the same number as I have presently. Its a new house and BT tell me I have to wait until the end of the month for the rest of the work to be completed from my house to the exchange. Mind you, I hope with being that bit closer and with new cabling I might just make the required level for a 2MB connection. Smiley
N/A

Cheesy After reading the migration delays posted here I'm glad I decided to cancell with my present ISP, and have a new install - It will be worth the short downtime.
N/A

great....yesterday I signed up for migration from BTopenworld to plus net. I was told 3/11/03 will be my 'big day'. Hopefully it will all go smoothly.......