Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Breaking Low Speed?

rikmoncur
Grafter

Record Breaking Low Speed?

17 Kbps (2.1 KB/sec)

I've just downloaded MS Media Player 9 - perhaps I should have got a carrier pigeon - it would be faster.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Record Breaking Low Speed?

> 17 Kbps (2.1 KB/sec)
>
> I've just downloaded MS Media Player 9 - perhaps I should have got a carrier pigeon - it would be faster.

It took approx 45mins on my normal dialup line. How long did your adsl download take?
rikmoncur
Grafter

I saw the slow speed and went out, leaving it to chug away. It took so long, there's probably a newer version out now!

N/A

> I saw the slow speed and went out, leaving it to chug away. It took so long, there's probably a newer version out now!
>
>

This is all very concerning. I've just ordered Plu Net, having raked through the blurbs about all of the different companies, and they are apparently completely crap! What on earth is happening? There is no apparent reason for them to be so useless! I am assuming that all of the business about speed tests blies what the PC tells you is your connection speed? I have tried them on my 56kbs modem and they tell me that I am connected at less than the usual 49 that Windows XP tells me...

Why does the option below his box ask if I want notification of replies, have a 'no' box checked (and unable to be unchecked) and no 'yes' option?!!!

Catherine