cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnection problem - please help

N/A

Reconnection problem - please help

I have a 3com router and when I turn the power off the only way I can get reconnected is to put a false plusdsl password in modify settings and then change it back to my correct password. This then seems to release the connection and I can get reconnected. This is a major pain - anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks

John
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Reconnection problem - please help

I get the same problem. After the connection is lost the status shows the connection as "connecting" but it never does. If I go to Internet Connection and click [modify settings] I'm reconnected, I don't change any settings. Why the connection does not re-establish automatically I don't know.

I would not mind but I currently lose my connection whenever I recieve a phone call.
N/A

That's interesting - Have you raised a ticket with customer support yet ? - I'd be interested to hear what there response is - I am awaiting my response and I'll let you know the outcome.

If you do happen to resolve this issue please let me know the solution.

p.s - Do you have a router or a usb modem (make / model etc...)
N/A

I have been experiencing EXACTRY THE SAME PROBLEM from last Saturday when I got 3COM 612 ADSL router provided from PlusNet.

When I pick up phone handset or when I receive phonecall, the internet link is disconecected.
And what I have to do to recover its link is hitting "modify setting" of user configuration software bundled with the router.

I have submitted the problem into a ticket.

> I get the same problem. After the connection is lost the status shows the connection as "connecting" but it never does. If I go to Internet Connection and click [modify settings] I'm reconnected, I don't change any settings. Why the connection does not re-establish automatically I don't know.
>
> I would not mind but I currently lose my connection whenever I recieve a phone call.

N/A

Hi,

I've been getting the same problem aswell. I got my router package last friday and have been dissapointed ever since.

Even thought all the lights are green on my router, when i switch on my PC, i have to manually go to 'Modify Settings' on the router site to force a new connection, otherwise it just hangs.

I even tested the router at the main socket in my house, and still no luck in getting a reliable connection.

To be honest it wouldnt bother me so much if it wasnt for the fact that all the members in my house bother me every half and hour to say the internet doesnt work any more.

How are all the above peeps coping? Does anyone have a solution? Ive raised a ticket about this already , but would like to know how other people are doing...

BAK.