cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Migration

jmart
Grafter

Recent Migration

I recently migrated from AOL Platinum and it was more complicated than I had imagined. I had heard of MAC numbers but when I was asked by plusnet to find out my BT connection product things got crazy. I phoned AOL because the plusnet signup page said my ISP could tell me, only for the guy to say that I was the first person to ever ask for that information and he didn't know what I was talking about.
So I phoned BT and after being passed through various depts. I was finally told that it was BT IPStream 500. I'll cut a long story short and say I think that's the wrong one, I think BT just wanted me off the line.
After setting up my account - before migration - I used the speed test:
01-01-2007 20:59:10 2960.3
28-12-2006 15:43:50 3320.6
26-12-2006 22:23:43 2960.8
21-12-2006 20:54:38 3170.7
21-12-2006 20:53:52 3437.2

After migration:
02-01-2007 10:42:25 496.2

My questions are: If I entered the wrong one will it be sorted automatically?
And will I be transferred to highest possible speed automatically?
7 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Recent Migration

What speed do you connect/sync at? And what does your IP Profile show as if you run a BT Speedtest? ( http://speedtester.bt.com )

The tools we have access to are not giving us much information about your line yet as your migration only took place a couple of days ago.

The BT systems show your line as provisioned on MAX, but you're being limited at our end to 500k because of the BT product selected when you signed up.

I can raise this, but before I do so I need to make sure that it wont be above your sync speed as it could cause data throughput issues.
N/A

Recent Migration

The BT systems show your line as provisioned on MAX, but you're being limited at our end to 500k because of the BT product selected when you signed up.

I can raise this, but before I do so I need to make sure that it wont be above your sync speed as it could cause data throughput issues.

Can you raise mine too then please? Logging off once a day isn't helping much. I'm still at 500kbps.
jmart
Grafter

Recent Migration

"Test Error:
Unexpected result received when querying the network to find your services connection details. Please try again shortly, but if this problem persists raise the issue with your service provider."

I hope this is what you were expecting!
If not i'll try later.

My modem says it's connecting at 7.6Mbps.
Liam
Grafter

Recent Migration

@jmart - I have updated your profile. You'll need to disconnect and reconnect and then give that a try.
Liam
Grafter

Recent Migration

Can you raise mine too then please? Logging off once a day isn't helping much. I'm still at 500kbps.

Hmmm... what speed are you connecting at? Looking at the delta reports from BT, your speed appears to have fluctuated massively - and you're currently being profiled at 500 as you have been connecting at 576kbps download.

Has your line been unstable? Have you tried connecting into the master socket? This could be the cause of your issues.
jmart
Grafter

Recent Migration

Thanks very much for your help. Sorted now.
N/A

Recent Migration

Hmmm... what speed are you connecting at? Looking at the delta reports from BT, your speed appears to have fluctuated massively - and you're currently being profiled at 500 as you have been connecting at 576kbps download.

Has your line been unstable? Have you tried connecting into the master socket? This could be the cause of your issues.

See here for my tales of woe!
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52323

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Fixed quote tags. Wink