cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

N/A

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

Since having my line "upgraded" to DSL Max, my line speed is now 250K.

BT Speedtester shows:

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 250 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 4960 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 190 kbps

What do I need to do to get the profile altered?
16 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

I'd certainly advise looking through this thread.

If your modem/router syncs higher for 3 days then the speed profile should increase again.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

Thanks for the quick reply and link.

My router has been sync'ing around the 4960 kbps mark most of the week, but the profile doesn't seem to be catching up, is there anyway to get it updated?
chrisc
Grafter

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

It looks as though everything is working correctly and something is causing you to drop sync to a very low rate (160kbps)almost every day. This will cause the profile to drop to 250kbps as you have seen.

Check everything at your end that could be causing interference and dropping sync rate - microfilters, extension cables - if possible alternative hardware.

Try connecting in the test socket behind the master socket face plate with all other devices removed. This should enable you to get a stable connection and sync speed and increase the BRAS profile.
N/A

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

OK, did that. I now get the following:-

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 4000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 6240 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 488 kbps

So, what could be affecting the throughput now, as my BRAS profile appears to have gone up to 4000 kbps, but my actual speed is limited to near 500kbps.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

Hmm, looks like the delta report hasn't filtered to the BT system we use yet, thats still showing a profile of 288.
I'll update our systems in advance of BT's and see if that sorts it Cheesy
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

My current broadband speed is showing as 500k on the Plus.Net connection settings page. Is the the report you're referring to?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

We get a delta report from BT Wholesale regarding the speed they have set on your line, the stable rate on the portal should reflect this.
In this instance we have not received a delta report showing your IP profile at 4000 so therefore our system is still showing 500.
I've updated this so please try rebooting your connection and running a speed test again.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

I've powered the router off and on, but the speed test is still only showing up to 500kbps
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

Looks like we are going to have to let the BT systems update this, if it hasn't altered in 3 days I would advise raising a fault.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

Ok, thanks for your help.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

You're welcome, I'd advise keeping an eye on the sync speed of your modem/router during the next 3 days too. If this drops then it will affect the time taken for the profile to improve.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

I keep getting regular disconnects, could this be why my profile was so low? The router is connected direct into the Test socket via a high quality filter, could it be that my line quality is not good enough to support DSL MAX.
chrisc
Grafter

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

If you are getting regular dropouts even when plugged into the test socket then there is obviously a problem somewhere.

I would advise raising a fault so that our faults guys can run some tests on the line and try and get to the bottom of the dropouts.

If possible, try with a different modem/router to rule out hardware as the cause of the problem.
N/A

Recent DSL MAX upgrade.

The router is in the test socket, tried my old router, and still get the problem. I'm currently running at 160Kb, not very good for a supposed 8Mb link.