cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: adsl 8 mb

michaelscott
Grafter

Re: adsl 8 mb

This is part of an email sent to me from Plusnet , notice where it says 'where available'

It says "where available" because 8Mb will only be available on the exchanges that BT upgrade as part of their trial. By the Autumn, it is reckoned that all UK exchanges will have been upgraded to deliver these speeds and you will be able to run your line at 8MB as long as it supports it.
2 REPLIES
N/A

adsl 8 mb

This is part of an email sent to me from Plusnet , notice where it says 'where available'

Following BT's recent announcement that they plan to increase broadband speeds up to 8Mb across their local exchange network, we are delighted to offer free speed upgrades and a brand new product range for our customers.

From April, you will be able to take advantage of these faster broadband speeds as they become available, giving you a free-of-charge upgrade to the fastest broadband available.

BT is working hard to ensure that as many people as possible are able to receive the maximum available speeds. Further, BT Wholesale's changes enable us to determine our customers' actual speed setting, instead of this being set at BT's local exchange.

1) Speed upgrades to all fixed-cost broadband products
------------------------------------------------------

If you're currently on Broadband Home Premier, you will be able to choose the speed you operate your connection at - from 512kb right up to 8Mb where available.
N/A

Same thing

Yes, I recieved this very email. But then no follow up.